The Judicial Service Commission (JSC) is an independent Commission established under Article 171 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 to promote and facilitate the independence and accountability of the Judiciary and the efficient, effective and transparent administration of justice.
Job Requirements: Academic and Professional Qualifications:
For appointment to this position, the applicant must have: -
- i. A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or Business Administration or Mathematics or Statistics or any other relevant field;
- ii. Professional Certification as a Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) and registered with Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA) in Good Standing;
- iii. A Senior Management Course or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- iv. Proficiency in Computer Application skills; and
- v. Meets the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution
Duties and Responsibilities
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- i. Identify activities and processes subject to Information Systems audit coverage, evaluating their significance and assessing the degree of risk inherent in terms of the audit costs involved.
- ii. Carrying out annual risk assessment and preparation of annual internal audit work plan and budget.
- iii. Managing and coordinating various information systems audit activities and assignments;
- iv. Reviewing audit assignment proposals, audit plans and engagement programmes for audit of ICT systems.
- v. Preparing
-Reviewing information systems audit working papers, audit findings and ensure that draft audit reports on information systems are prepared in time.
- vi. Reviewing responses from audit clients on draft audit report, prepare final audit reports and submit for review and approval.
- vii. Ensuring maintenance of high audit standards, adherence to plans, budgets and work schedules.
- viii. Providing leadership in monitoring and making follow up on the implementation of internal and external audit recommendations and maintaining a database of the implementation rate.
- ix. Reviewing compliance with regulations, instructions and procedures in implementation of ICT systems.
- x. Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual internal audit reports
-returns and advice on areas for improvement.
- xi. Carrying out investigations on irregularities identified or reported on in audit reports or by management or any other source.
- xii. Heading special audit assignment teams that may be appointed from time to time.
- xiii. Identifying training needs for ICT auditors and ensure that relevant trainings are provided.
- i. Minimum six (6) years relevant work experience;
- ii. At least three (3) years at Middle Management level
Job Core Competencies:
- i. Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- ii. Leadership & Good interpersonal skills;
- iii. Professional and Technical competence;
- iv. Confidentiality, High Integrity, attention to details and accuracy;
- v. Analytical & Negotiation Skills; and
- vi. Organizational, planning skills and Results-oriented
Interested and qualified persons are asked to visit our jobs portal: https://jobs.judiciary.go.ke for detailed job description, requirements for appointment and instructions on how to apply. All applications should reach the Commission NOT LATER THAN 28TH OCTOBER, 2020 AT 5.00 P.M.
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Judicial Service Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
THE SECRETARY JUDICIAL SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 40048 - 00100 NAIROBI
Telephone: +254 20-2739180
Commission Secretariat: Reinsurance Plaza,
Podium Floor, Taifa Road, Nairobi.