REPUBLIC OF KENYA MIGORI COUNTY GOVERNMENT
OFFICE OF THE COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
32. Senior Inspector-Building II JG CPSB 11–ONE (1) POST REF/MCPSB/283/2020
The senior Inspector (Building) will be in charge of building works sites.
Duties and responsibilities:
i. Inspect Building maintenance and construction works
ii. Interpretation of architectural and Engineering drawings, comparing their details with the work on site;
iii. Checking minor repairs and alteration of existing buildings;
iv. Identifies defects, and makes reports for improvement.
v. Schedule regular inspections and updates results of inspections performed with recommendations.
vi. Writing of inspection reports
vii. Monitor construction sites daily and compiling of Site weekly reports and monitoring work progress.
viii. Supervision of artisans carrying out maintenance. Control usage of materials on site.
Requirements for Appointment.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have
i. Diploma in building, building construction, or construction technician certificate part IIor equivalent from an institution recognized in Kenya
ii. Have at least 2 years’ experience in public or private sectors
iii. Proficiency in relevant computer application
HOW TO APPLY
1. All applications should be submitted in a sealed A4 envelope clearly marked on the top left side indicating the reference number for position applied for and addressed to:
Migori County Public Service Board
P.O Box 365- 40400, Suna
2. Hand delivered applications should be dropped at the offices of the Migori County Public Service Board located at Nyamome along Namba – Masara road adjacent to Nyamome SDA church.
3. All applications should reach the Secretary/CEO Migori County Public Service Board on or before Thursday 21st January, 2021 at 5:00pm.
4. Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original identity cards, academic and
professional certificates and testimonials.
5. For candidates to meet the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010,
applicants must obtain the following clearance:
• Tax compliance certificate from KRA
• Clearance certificate from HELB
• Clearance certificate from Ethics and Anticorruption Commission (EACC)
• Certificate of good conduct from Criminal Investigation Department
• Women, People Living with Disabilities and Marginalized Groups are encouraged to apply,
• Only shortlisted and successful candidate will be contacted;
• Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
Migori County Public Service Board is AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.