The Judicial Service Commission (JSC) is an independent Commission established under Article 171 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 to promote and facilitate the independence and accountability of the Judiciary and the efficient, effective and transparent administration of justice.
Job Requirements: Academic and Professional Qualifications:
For appointment to this position, the applicant must have: -
- i. A Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce (Accounting Finance) or Business Administration or any other recognized equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- ii. Professional Certification as a Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (CPA K) or Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA) or Certified Information Systems Auditors (C.I.S.A) or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- iii. Membership to relevant professional body with Good Standing;
- iv. A Senior Management Course or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- v. Proficiency in Computer Application skills; and
- vi. Meets the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution.
Duties and Responsibilities
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- i. Carrying out annual risk assessment and preparing annual internal audit work plan and budget;
- ii. Preparing audit working papers and draft reports;
- iii. Reviewing responses from audit clients and preparing final audit reports;
- iv. Following up on the implementation of internal and external audit recommendations;
- v. Preparing periodic internal audit reports;
- vi. Carrying out investigations on irregularities identified or reported.
- i. Minimum six (6) years relevant work experience
- ii. At least three (3) years at Middle Management level;
Job Core Competencies:
- i. Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- ii. Leadership & Good interpersonal skills;
- iii. Professional and Technical competence;
- iv. Confidentiality, High Integrity, attention to details and accuracy;
- v. Analytical & Negotiation Skills; and
- vi. Organizational, planning skills and Results-oriented
Interested and qualified persons are asked to visit our jobs portal: https://jobs.judiciary.go.ke for detailed job description, requirements for appointment and instructions on how to apply. All applications should reach the Commission NOT LATER THAN 28TH OCTOBER, 2020 AT 5.00 P.M.
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Judicial Service Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
THE SECRETARY JUDICIAL SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 40048 - 00100 NAIROBI
Telephone: +254 20-2739180
Commission Secretariat: Reinsurance Plaza,
Podium Floor, Taifa Road, Nairobi.