He/she will be responsible for coordinating and overseeing all janitorial needs of the organization. The successful candidate(s) should have at least 2 years of experience in an office related environment. Experience working for an NGO is preferred.
• Oversee and provide lead supervision to all janitors.
• Monitor janitorial supplies and submit written requests for re-orders to ensure no stock outs.
• Ensure there is always sufficient staff coverage available to meet the agreed service levels.
• Perform minor maintenance repair work.
• Inspect work performed to ensure conformity to specifications and established standards.
• Manage inventory of the cleaning equipment and supplies.
• Perform routine manual work e.g., moving of furniture and equipment.
• Investigate and deal with complaints regarding office cleanliness.
• Monitor and report repairs of property and furniture to the Property Supervisor.
• Diploma in relevant field.
• Have at least 2 years’ experience in a similar position, supervising a team.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to maintain a high-performance standard with attention to detail;
• Ability to carry out all of the duties of the position efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision
• Ability to manage a large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities
• Experience working in a team in a multi-cultural environment while maintaining a high level of motivation.
• Have knowledge of office equipment i.e., printers, photocopiers
• Must be well presentable for corporate environment.
• Possess strong leadership skills.
Monthly Gross Salary: Ksh. 60,000/= (Approx. 600 USD).
Career Level: Lower Mid-Level.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Deadline: 9th July 2021.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***