TAITA TAVETA UNIVERSITY
ANNOUNCEMENT FOR VACANCIES
Taita Taveta University (TTU) is a dynamic Public University in Kenya established in 2016 under the Universities Act 2012. It is strategically located near Voi Town and about 8 kilometers off the Mombasa–Nairobi highway in Taita Taveta County. The University, touted to be a home of ideas is a strategic player in national and regional development. It is an Academic Centre of Excellence with a special focus on Mining and Mineral Processing Engineering. TTU aspires to enhance and expand its academic programmes, grow student enrolment in niche areas and harness its human resource capacity in order to realize its strategic vision of an educated and transformed society in sustainability of natural resources and her mission to be a University for research, education, teaching, and community services in management of mineral and natural resources for sustainable development. In this regard, the University is seeking to recruit suitably qualified and experienced individuals to fill the following positions:
A. ACADEMIC POSITIONS
1. School of Science and Informatics (SSI)
1.3 Department of Education
a) Senior Lecturer (Grade 13) Ref No. TTU/AC/SL/12/2020/
C. REQUIREMENTS FOR EACH OF THE ABOVE POSITIONS:
3. SENIOR LECTURER – GRADE 13: Ref No. TTU/AC/SL/12/2020
A Senior Lecturer MUST have;
a. An earned PHD or equivalent degree qualification (or a Master’s degree qualification in special cases) in the relevant field from an accredited and recognized university.
b. At least three (3) years of teaching experience at the university level as a Lecturer or six (6) years research/industry experience.
c. A minimum of thirty-two (32) publication points as a Lecturer or equivalent, of which at least twenty-four (24) should be from refereed scholarly journals;
d. Supervised at least three (3) post-graduate students at either Masters or PhD level to completion as a Lecturer or equivalent;
e. Registered with the relevant professional body (where applicable).
How to Apply:
1. Your application should indicate the job reference number Department or Office or Directorate and for those applying for academic positions indicate the area of specialisation.
2. Send soft copy application to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org and two (2) hard copy of the application letter, accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae (signed on all pages), copies of certified academic and professional certificates, National ID card, current pay slip (if any) and other relevant testimonials. Provide your mobile numbers, email address and names of three (3) referees (who should send their recommendation letters directly to the undersigned in sealed envelope) to the address below:
The Deputy Vice Chancellor (Administration, Finance & Planning)
Taita Taveta University
P.O. Box 635-80300, VOI
3. In addition, applicants must also submit valid and current clearance certificates from the following:
a) Kenya Revenue Authority
b) Higher Education Loans Board
c) Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
d) Credit Reference Bureau
e) Certificate of Good Conduct from the Kenya Directorate of Criminal Investigations
4. The application should reach on or before 18th January, 2021 at 3pm.
1. Successful candidates for the position of Professor, Associate Professor and Senior Lecturer shall be eligible for appointment to the position of the Dean of School;
2. The successful candidate for Internal Audit shall be eligible for appointment as Head of Internal Audit Department;
3. Taita Taveta University is an Equal opportunity employer;
4. Only qualified and shortlisted applicants will be contacted;
5. Persons with disability are encouraged to apply;
6. Taita Taveta University does not levy any fees for job application; and
7. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.