South Eastern Kenya University has a vacancies in the following Division:-
ACADEMIC, RESEARCH AND STUDENTS AFFAIRS DIVISION:
- Post: Senior Lecturer Grade 13
Duties and responsibilities of a Senior Lecturer Grade 13:
- Lecturing in area of specialization in accordance with the syllabus;
- Coordinating course projects and practical work;
- Preparing teaching/learning materials;
- Develop fundable research proposals that can attract grants from internal and external donors.
- Conduct research in collaboration with local, regional and international collaborators in order to tackle different issues in the society.
- Disseminate research findings through publication of journals to share findings and knowledge to the public
- Train, mentor, supervise and evaluate students carrying out research to ensure the quality of research submitted is up to standards.
- Review research and academic journals in the university to ensure they can attract grants.
- Give consultancy services to participate in problem solving and development of society at large.
- Acquire patents from innovations to protect knowledge and ensure proper benefits to the innovators.
- Liaise with teaching, technical and administrative staff to enhance and monitor quality course delivery.
- Develop adaptable teaching delivery models to ensure that learning is effective and continuous.
- Examine students to test understanding of learned concepts and allow progression from one level to another.
- Identify required resource materials such as books to enhance quality teaching.
- Develop practical modules/manuals in line with developed curriculum to enhance practical applications of learned concepts.
- Review and update course content, materials and curricula regularly.
- Initiate community participatory development projects and activities that benefit the university as well as the community at large.
- Show case innovations of the university during community exhibitions.
- Establish linkages and networks with external stakeholders that can fund project research in the university.
Requirements for appointment to the post of Senior Lecturer Grade 13 in the Department of Electrical, Electronics and Information Engineering, School of Engineering and Technology
- An earned PhD or equivalent degree qualification in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from recognized/accredited university.
- At least three (3) years of teaching experience at the university level as a lecturer or (six (6) years research/industry experience.
- A minimum of thirty-two (32) publication points as a lecturer or equivalent, of which at least twenty-four (24) should be from refereed scholarly journals.
- Supervised at least three (3) postgraduate students to completion as a Lecturer Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Attracted research funds as a Lecturer Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Be registered with Engineers Board of Kenya and with a valid membership certificate.
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on Leadership and Integrity.
NB: PUBLICATION POINTS:
- One university level scholarly book = 24 publication points;
- Patented invention or innovation = 16 publications points;
- One tertiary level scholarly book = 8 publication points;
- One article in a refereed journal = 8 publication points;
- Refereed learning modules = 6 publication points;
- One chapter in a university level scholarly book = 6 publication points;
- One reviewed conference paper = 4 publication points;
- One secondary school level text book = 4 publication points;
- Short communication in refereed journal = 4 publication points;
- Consultancy and project reports = 4 publication points;
- Refereed exhibitions and performances = 4 publication points;
- One primary level primary book = 2 publication points;
- Editorship of a book or conference proceedings = 2 publication points;
- Scholarly presentations at conferences/workshops/seminars= 2 publication points;
- One non-reviewed conference paper = 2 publication points.
- Book review published in refereed journals = 1publication point.
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.