Africa Nazarene University (ANU) is a fully chartered, non-profit, Private Christian University and is part of a Network of 21 Higher Education Institutions sponsored by the Church of the Nazarene International, with a mission to provide a holistic education that develops individuals academically, spiritually, culturally, socially and physically, to equip them with an appropriate mix of skills, competencies and Christian values to enable them to go into the world well prepared to meet the challenges and opportunities of their time.
The University seeks to engage suitable and qualified candidates to offer teaching and learning in the following areas:
School of Business
Professor/Associate Professor/Senior Lecturer/Lecturer
Job Ref. No.
PhD in Law with a Master’s Degree in Law and post- graduate Diploma from the Kenya School of Law.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least three (3) years of teaching experience at the university level as a Lecturer or Senior Researcher or six (6) years research/industry experience.
- A minimum of thirty-two (32) publication points as a Lecturer or equivalent, of which at least twenty-four (24) should be from refereed scholarly journals.
- National, Regional, and international recognition for research.
- Supervised at least three (3) post-graduate students to completion as a Lecturer or equivalent.
- Attracted research funds as a Lecturer/Research Fellow.
- Demonstrated Teaching skills as evidenced by student evaluation and peer reviews.
- Demonstrated evidence of success in some major non-teaching responsibilities at the University or other reputable organization will be an added advantage.
- Conversant with online teaching and pedagogy.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Contribute to the development, planning, and implementation of a high-quality curriculum.
- Teach undergraduate and master’s students in ENRM and Geography units.
- Review curriculum and course outlines and develop course and lesson plans.
- Prepare contact learning and online course materials and teaching aids.
- Employ various teaching methods (such as field studies, group activities, assignments, laboratory sessions, off class activities etc.) to help student learning and deliver course content.
- Develop learning assessment plans.
- Supervise and guide undergraduate students, graduate students, internship, and research work.
- Participate in departmental research and conduct research in specialist areas, publishing findings in professional journals, books, or electronic media and participate in grant writing and collaborations.
- Advising students on academic, career, and any other related issues when required.
- Attending conferences, workshops and seminars, industrial linkages, and market outreach visits or related when required.
- Participate in departmental administrative and field operations and programs.
Personal attributes and competencies:
- Demonstrated alignment to the mission and vision of Africa Nazarene University.
- Student centered approach to teaching and learning
- Displays high commitment to work.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, organizing and planning skills.
- Excellent research writing skills.
Suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply in confidence through the email firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 7th September 2021 enclosing a Professional portfolio, copy of National Identity Card, Curriculum Vitae with details of current post, salary and other financial benefits, academic and professional certificates, testimonials, names, and addresses of three referees (one of whom should be present or previous employer). Kindly indicate position applied for and reference number in the subject of the email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and shall be required to present the following documents during the interview: Certified PhD and Master’s academic certificates, Clearance Certificates from Higher Education Loans Board, Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission, Credit Reference Bureau, Kenya Revenue Authority, and the Criminal Investigation Department. ANU is an equal opportunity employer, and any canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Africa Nazarene University
P.O. Box 53067 – 00200