Purpose of this role
• To secure the functionality of our business and drive extensive and sustainable growth across the region
• To Manage in-country and regional marketing, partner growth, customer interaction and content initiatives and activities
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES, MEASURES & CONTACTS
The key accountabilities, interfaces and measures of this role are further elaborated below:
Strategy Execution and Growth
• Grow the company’s brands in Country by focusing on BTL, Social marketing, Content Management, Partner on boarding, Partner ATL and Customer Activation
• Drive Connected Video subscriber and revenue targets by effectively implementing and managing opportunities with strategic partnerships
• Develop and present growth and GTM strategies and options that could increase the company’s addressable market
• Develop and maintain ecosystem and partnership strategy
• Identify and engage new go-to-market partners
• Manage relationships with legal and regulatory units in VE Group with regards to market expansion
• Identify, develop and manage external innovation partnerships in private and public sector including academia that can give the company access to extended research and innovation capabilities
• Develop and maintain growth of partnership network
Benchmarking, Governance & Risk Management
• Constantly scan the market in order to identify, share and embed leading practices within the company, helping to build a world class marketing organisation and maintain market relevance
• Identify key segments to target, including rationale / strategic objectives, and use customer insights to perform cluster analysis; classifying customers into segments based on spending, behavior, needs and attitudes
• Set budget for the Business Unit including the setting of goals and targets.
• Manage financials and associated controls in respect of the Division (effective cost control).
• Implement action plans in respect of budget deviations.
• Manage Cash flow and control and financial reporting.
• Manage departmental budgets including signing off of invoices and quotes within mandate. Escalate out of budgets or items higher than approved mandate to the next level manager.
• Rigorously monitor expenditure against approve budgets and put measures in place to address variances. Continuously identify areas for improved efficiency and reduced cost.
• Manage, coordinate and evaluate all in country and regional Marketing, Partner Growth, Customer Interaction and Content initiatives and activities to ensure that they meet the local market development criteria, with a view to grow the market
• customer acquisition and retention, either directly or through partners
• Identify and implement tactical market development initiatives that could meaningfully increase revenue opportunities
• Ensure successful execution of GTM initiatives
• Identify/analyze/report on industry and technology trends that should inform the GTM and product strategy
• Identify/analyze/report on consumer trends that should inform the GTM and product strategy as well as commission research externally
• Identify, propose and execute PoCs, in close collaboration with Customer Acquisitions and Comms, Product Development and Technology Development, to explore new ground and options to that could increase company revenue
• Drive connected Video growth targets
• Growth in customer base, conversion to paying customers
• Oversee the activities of the team to ensure effective delivery of business outcomes.
• Develop a high performing team by embedding formal performance management process using performance management systems and informal coaching. Encourage frequent knowledge sharing between team members.
• Determine and analyse development needs for the team and ensure that identified training requirements are budgeted for and executed.
• Interview and recruit new members of the team, including determining appropriate compensation levels with input from Human Capital.
• Create effective workforce and recruitment demand plans to ensure that current and future business requirements can be met.
• When required, initiate disciplinary processes for team members calling on support from Human Capital when required.
• Resolve grievances raised by team members and escalate only if required.
• Address poor performance of any team member through the formal Performance improvement programme and ensure that continued poor performance is appropriately dealt with.
• Motivate team members and ensure that their efforts are recognised
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
The incumbent is required to have the following qualifications and experience level:
• Post Grad Qualification or Equivalent NQF Level 8 Qualifications in Business Management/Marketing or similar
• Project Management Qualification
• An MBA is an added advantage.
• A minimum of 8 years of experience in Business Development and/ GTM Strategy
• Experience in managing diverse teams and stakeholders across different functional areas
• Experience in regional expansion strategies
• Must possess the ability to build, foster and nurture strong relationships and gain the respect of members of the cross-functional and affiliate teams
• In-depth Knowledge of relevant OTT Technologies and Platforms
• Financial Management and Modelling experience
• Proven leadership and management skills
The incumbent is required to have the following functional competencies:
• Customer Centricity
• Developing value propositions
• Brand Management
• Reporting and Research
• Project Management
• Financial Management/Budgeting
• Marketing Management
• Regulatory and Legal Compliance
• Strategic Thinking
• Risk Management
• Negotiation Skills
• Future Oriented
Applications with subject line “Sr. Manager: Partnerships” should be submitted via "Apply Now Button".