Senior Manager Job Opening
• The Senior Manager (Operations) is responsible for the overall business and human resource management of the Alliance, providing high level strategic advice to the Executive Director on business and resource planning, financial sustainability and compliance; and for leading the operations team.
• Key activities will include working in the Senior Management Team to develop and implement improvements to organizational planning, policies and operational systems; diversify funding sources to improve business sustainability; and implement a new secretariat structure that better equips the organization to achieve the goals and aspirations of the Strategic Plan 2013-16.
• The Senior Manager (Operations) is a full-time, multi-tasking role in a collaborative team environment
• He/She will be responsible for accurate General Ledger maintenance reconciliations and smooth monthly closure of books of accounts.
• She/he will also be involved in processing invoices, portal expense entries relating to Kenya and other AWF offices without dedicated Finance staff.
• In addition, the incumbent will also work with other finance teams to ensure timely processing of invoices and payments for all the operations in AWF.
• The position will actively support the annual organizational audit, country statutory audits and will support all donor-related audits and internal controls.
• Occasional international and domestic travel is required.
• Providing guidance to direct reports, typically comprising first-line managers and supervisors
• Ensuring clarity around priorities and goals for the entire functional area
• Approving requests for investment to a certain level of authority
• Managing overall financial budgeting for her function
• Approving hiring and firing requests within her group
• Guiding the talent identification and development processes for a group or function
• Working across functions with peers in other groups to ensure collaboration for shared goals
• Interacting with senior management for reporting
• Working with senior management and other peers for strategy development and execution planning
• Communicating financial and goal results and key performance indicators to direct reports
• Facilitating goal-level creation for the broader function and working with managers to ensure the goals cascade to all workers
• Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting or related field.
• Qualified Accountant and Member of Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya
• Familiarity with institutional and other donor guidelines a strong advantage
• At least 5 years relevant working experience, at least 3 years within a donor funded nonprofit organization.
• Audit experience will be an added advantage.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of key donor requirements required.
• Ability to manage sensitive and confidential matters with the highest level of professionalism.
• Ability to manage competing priorities, exercise good judgment, identifies, and resolves problems.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to communicate financial information to a non-financial audience.
• Ability to meet strict deadlines
• A self-starter with keen eye to detail.
Qualified candidates are required to apply.