Senior Open Source Developer & DevOps (Python, Django, React, AWS/OpenStack)
Software & Data
Senior developer with 3+ years working with Python Experience with Python web frameworks, specifically Django
- Minimum Qualification:Unspecified
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:3 years
We care deeply about contributing our work upstream. You will see the results of your work reused and recognized across the educational community, increasing access to quality education for everyone, everywhere.
Unlike companies who reluctantly started to accept remote workers recently, we have embraced it from day 1. For the past 7 years, we have based and refined our way of working around remote-friendly workflows, from the ground up. No day-long video meetings, mandatory work hours, or risk of being forced back into an office one day -- as long as you have a good internet connection, it’s none of our business when or where you work from. :)
We are all working remotely, from all continents (except Antarctica, at least so far - applicants welcome!). We use remote-friendly and timezone-agnostic workflows based on asynchronous principles and good documentation practices.
- Experience with contributing to free software projects - small contributions are completely fine, but you must have at least one patch or pull request merged in a third-party project, or been a maintainer of an open source project with significant adoption. (Note that you can contribute now to satisfy this requirement - see for example the Open edX release issues, fixing one of these issues guarantees an interview.)
- Senior developer with 3+ years working with Python
- Experience with Python web frameworks, specifically Django
- Experience with unit testing
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment, specifically Debian or Ubuntu
- Experience with databases: MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL
- DevOps experience, especially on Debian/Ubuntu servers, Terraform, Vault, Packer, Prometheus, ELK, Docker. We are building a modern infrastructure and having a strong DevOps presence on top of core software engineering skills is a big plus with us.
- Cloud computing, like AWS or OpenStack
- Configuration management tools such as Ansible, Consul
- RabbitMQ, Redis & Elasticsearch
- Mobile development (iOS and/or Android)
- Managing clients & projects from beginning to completion (senior developer)
- Public speaking at conferences (you would present a talk every year at the Open edX Con)
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured