Senior Penetration Tester
This is senior security position to work support the CYBER RANGES Ambassador Programme towards educational institutions around the world. As a senior penetration tester you will have the opportunity to lead and conduct numerous client engagements and work as a team leader of a number of consultants, depending on the engagement. You will also have the opportunity to carry out research in various fields of security and work with Silensec’s next generation cyber range platform, CYBER RANGES, to develop advanced security scenarios for both the internal team and clients.
• Conducting penetration test scoping/kick off meetings with technology business stakeholders, document scope and schedule testing window
• Leading web application, mobile, API and network penetration testing within the designated scope and rules of engagement
• Providing technical guidance for remediation of findings, collaborating with other consultants
• Mentoring and training junior members across different areas of penetration testing and security research
• Interfacing with other consultants from the organizations to provide value-added security services to clients
• Developing bespoke penetration testing and security testing automation tools to deliver successful client engagements
• Performing Red Team activities in coordination with the client’s cyber defense and incident response teams to validate Blue team monitoring & detection processes
• Experience testing applications using Static & Dynamic Application Security Testing (SAST/DAST) techniques, manual processes and automated tools.
• Knowledge of network protocols and general networking topics (i.e. TCP/IP, UDP,ICMP, DNS, routing, etc.).
• Solid experience with at least one software programming language.
• Ability to identify and recommend security controls and risk mitigations solutions to address identified security gaps.
Professional activities – (desired)
• Publishing security white papers and notable blog posts
• Delivering talks at Security conferences
• Leading client workshops/ seminars
• Ability to communicate to C-level clients
• Ability to lead and manage a team of consultants
• Ability to manage client expectations and ensure customer success
• Ability to contribute and participate in community and corporate events
• 5+ years of industry experience conducting offensive cybersecurity assessments including application penetration testing and infrastructure security assessments
• Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP)
• Offensive Security Certified Expert (OSCE)
• SANS GIAC Penetration Tester, Web Application Penetration Tester, Exploit Researcher and Advanced Penetration Tester.
Position Type: Full time
Salary: Competitive, based on competence and experience
How to Apply
• To apply send a CV.
• Applications must be in PDF format
About the Application Process
• You Apply – We review your application and contact you if shortlisted.
• We Challenge You – We give you a technical challenge to solve for us to learn more about your mindset and technical skills
• We Meet – We discuss more about the technical stuff, the job but also learn more about each other because we like our team and we are looking for a great colleague not just a great developer.
Silensec is a multinational security technology and consulting company specialized in the development of cutting-edge security solutions and the delivery of security services ranging from managed security, value-added system integration, security training, penetration testing and security standards compliance. The Silensec mission is to improve cyber security and the security posture of our clients by providing high-quality professional services and technologies as well as helping people develop exceptional competencies and professionalism in all areas of information security.
About CYBER RANGES
CYBER RANGES is the next-generation cyber range platform by Silensec for the development of cyber capabilities and the assessment of cyber security skills and cyber resilience. CYBER RANGES is currently the largest privately owned cloud-based cyber range platform capable of running thousands of simultaneous virtual machines, also available as on-premise or portable deployment. CYBER RANGES includes a powerful Injector Engine for cyberattacks simulation and cutting-edge orchestration for the automatic management of multi-user scenarios, regardless of the number of users and size of the simulation environment.
Working With Us
Silensec is proud to be an Equal-Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age or any other bias covered by the law. In fact we believe in achieving our success through a strong company culture based on staff empowerment, professionalism and client obsession. Join us and be part of our vibrant multinational team.