The Senior Project and Construction Manager will oversee all ongoing Real Estate and Construction Projects. He or she will be required to ensure projects are moving as per agreed schedules, costs and quality. He or she will also be required to keep track of supplies, collaborate with subcontractors, and ensure all regulations are met and permits acquired while managing multiple sites.
• Oversee all construction projects from beginning to end.
• Develop a cost-effective plan and schedule for completion of projects following a logical pattern for utilization of resources.
• Track and control construction schedule and associated costs to achieve completion of projects within time and approved budget.
• Management of all direct labour that has been deployed to the various sites for construction activities, in line with our client’ in-house construction capability.
• Oversight over machinery for Our clients. This is to be done by working with the Workshop & Stores Supervisors
• Responsible for proper administration of construction contracts, where applicable.
• Ensure the appropriate permits and licenses from authorities for construction sites are in place
• Coordinate work of contractors and/or subcontractors working on various phases of multiple projects.
• Oversee performance of all trade contractors and/or subcontractors and review architectural and engineering drawings to make sure that all specifications and regulations are being followed.
• Report to client/portfolio managers/board of directors about progress and any necessary modifications of plans that seem indicated.
• Provide revenue, project costs and profitability forecasts and manage approved budget.
• Manage the project budget, track costs and provide cashflow forecasts.
• Identify changes in projects’ scope and ensure appropriate measures are taken.
• Collaborate with subcontractors, engineers, architects and key team members of the project team.
• Conduct site checks to monitor progress and quality standards.
• Minimize exposure and risk by implementing and audits safety standards and quality assurance controls.
• Handle any environmental or local community issues that may come up during a project.
• Determine the necessary equipment, materials, and manpower needed.
• Keep track of inventory, tools and equipment.
• Ensure supplies and equipment are ordered and delivered according to schedule.
Key Skills Required
1. Minimum 10-years’ experience in Real Estate Project or Construction Management,
2. Bachelor’s Degree in related business is an added advantage,
3. Experience in managing real estate development projects and large-scale construction projects is a must,
4. Ability to manage multiple sites, and successful candidate to have demonstrated they can manage multiple sites through their experience,
5. Previous work experience with a contractor is an added advantage,
6. Experience managing contractors and architects through design and construction,
7. Track record of managing projects to budget and schedule,
8. Strong analytic skills, including ability to independently conduct real estate financial analysis,
9. Demonstrated ability to express ideas clearly, verbally and in writing,
10. Strong computer skills, including high level of proficiency in MS Excel, Power Point, and Word,
11. Demonstrated ability to cultivate and manage productive relationships with development team members, public officials, funders and lenders, other staff, and the community,
12. Ability to organize work, work independently, problem solve, and be persistent,
13. Creativity, entrepreneurial, and a self-driven attitude towards work,
14. Strong problem-solving skills, with a bias to a sense of urgency,
15. Ability to work in a team in a fast-paced environment.