Ipsos is a leading provider of Research for Development across Africa, with fully staffed and permanent research offices in 11 countries.
In SSA we provide evidence-based recommendations on program design and implementation at both a strategic and tactical level to a wide range of multi-lateral and bilateral donors, foundations, international and local NGOs.
Ipsos leads the way in application of new methods of information collection and analysis, and on the delivery of high quality data sets and analytical reports, alongside the ability to create impact through integrating recommendations into program design and improvement.
We work across sectors, but particularly focus on MNCH, SRH, trade and markets-systems development (particularly in agriculture and financial access).
SENIOR RESEARCH MANAGER, SOCIAL RESEARCH – IPSOS IN KENYA
Ipsos is seeking a Senior Research Manager to join its Center for Sustainable Development providing research and evaluation services to aid achievement of the SDGs in sub-Saharan Africa.
The Ipsos team responsible for research for development is a leading provider across Africa, with fully staffed and permanent research offices in 11 countries.
In sub-Saharan Africa, we provide evidence-based recommendations on program design and implementation at both a strategic and tactical level to a wide range of multi-lateral and bilateral donors, foundations,
international and local NGOs and private sector clients. Our team works extensively on a range of mainly mixed method evaluations including impact assessment.
Ipsos leads the way in the application of new methods of information collection and analysis, including use of mapping and anonymized third-party and observational data, and on the delivery of high quality data sets from primary data and secondary sources.
Our teams write insightful analytical reports, and create impact through integrating recommendations into program design and improvement. We work across sectors, but this role has a particular focus on agriculture, trade and market systems development.
We are seeking a Senior Research Manager to join our dynamic Kenya-based team that covers work in Kenya and Somalia, and coordinates work across sub-Saharan Africa.
The Senior Research Manager is responsible for advancing thinking and impact in development for our client organizations through MERL; developing innovative and ground-breaking approaches and research and evaluation proposals and protocols; leading teams to execute high quality and time and budget compliant studies, leading client workshops and stakeholder engagements, upskilling teams of research and evaluation professionals in the business, ensuring ethical and ISO standards are employed.
- Bachelors degree with an upper second class or first class honours and a minimum of 10 years relevant research or evaluation experience at the executive level (that is not including enumeration or supervision duties in field)
- Masters degree in an agricultural-related subject, and experience working on market-systems related programmes and projects is an added advantage
- Ideally having worked for a consulting firm previously, especially a development consultancy.
- Professional qualifications in relevant areas of specialization like Impact Assessment and Monitoring & Evaluation
- Superb and flawless English writing skills
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Very strong technical knowledge of social research and /or evaluation methods (from the perspective of external evaluation)
- Ability to engage on key developmental issues and about monitoring, evaluation, research and learning with senior level individuals within the development sector, at Country Director level
- Strong proposal writing and business development skills
- Sound knowledge of interpreting and analyzing information, generation of Research Insights.
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Proficiency in SPSS or EPI-info and other survey analysis systems would be an advantage
- Ability to work and deliver under pressure.
- Interpersonal skills, good people skills and good organizational skills
- Very organized and detail oriented with strong time, costing, and project management skills
- Self-driven, results orientated, shows exceptional initiative, and is focused on quality and profit.
How to Apply
If you believe you are the candidate we are looking for, please submit your application and CV detailing your experience for the post and include daytime telephone contacts to;
Application will not be considered if a covering letter is not attached.
Include Senior Research Manager, Social Research – Ipsos in Kenya” in the cover letter and email subject header.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for applications: Monday, 14th June 2021