Industry of experience:Sacco or Insurance
Duties & Responsibilities
• Assist in the development and execution of the risk management strategy.
• Provide guidance, training and support to the entire staff, intermediaries in compliance with the group’s enterprise risk management requirements to ensure risk management is aligned with the strategy development process and execution
• Ensure each business unit and function have appropriatetly identified, quantified and managed risks and escalated to Management and Board for appropriate action.
• Develop risk mitigation plans and controls, policies and procedures for the principal risks
• Conduct periodic review of organization compliance with regulatory and supervisory requirements.
• Conduct regular assessments of the compliance function and systems and implement or monitor needed improvements.
• Develop internal policies relating to Anti Money Laundering within the organization and oversee the implementation.
• Provide Support and monitor testing of the Business Continuity Plans and provide appropriate status reports to the Management and Board.
• Promote a risk mitigating culture across the business to ensure that responsibilities and accountabilities are understood.
Minimum Academic Qualifications & Experience
• A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration or a related field
• Certification in Enterprise Risk Management or equivalent professional training / certification in risk management and compliance
• Professional certification such as CPA, ACCA, CFA or CISA will be an added advantage.
• Minimum of four (4) years’ experience in the insurance industry
• Proficient in Microsoft office suite
• Ability to analyze and interpret statistics
Method of Application
If you believe your experience, competencies and qualifications match the job and role specifications described; send your application letter (stating current and expected pay) & updated CV(with details of at least 3 referees one of which must be immediate or former supervisor )
If you qualify for the above please send your CV.