The Judicial Service Commission (JSC) is an independent Commission established under Article 171 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 to promote and facilitate the independence and accountability of the Judiciary and the efficient, effective and transparent administration of justice.
For appointment to this position, the applicant must have: -
- i. A Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: - Purchasing and Supplies, Procurement and Logistics Management, Commerce (Supplies Management option), Business Administration (Supply Chain Management) from a recognized institution;
- ii. A Post Graduate qualification in Supply Chain Management, Procurement & Logistics Management (CIPS, CPSP) or any other relevant qualifications;
- iii. Membership to relevant professional body with Good Standing and Current Practicing License;
- iv. A Senior Management Course or its equivalent from a recognized Institution;
- v. Proficiency in Computer Applications; and
- vi. Meets the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution.
Duties and Responsibilities
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- i. Implementing the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act, (PPADA)2015, policies and Regulations;
- ii. Conducting procurement market research, surveys and global trends with respect to Supply Chain Management;
- iii. Ensuring effective coordination, preparation and implementation of Procurement and Disposal plans;
- iv. Identifying and implementing cost-saving
-reduction initiatives within the Supply Chain Management function;
- v. Participating in preparation, advertisement, opening and evaluation of tenders and disposal processes;
- vi. Reviewing, disseminating and ensuring implementation of the Directorate’s Service Charter;
- vii. Offering secretariat services to the various Procurement and Disposal Committees;
- viii. Ensuring efficient and effective Inventory and Asset Management system;
- ix. Preparing, managing, monitoring and evaluating the execution of contracts; and
- x. Preparing and submitting statutory and management periodic reports in a timely manner.
- i. Minimum six (6) years’ relevant work experience;
- ii. At least three (3) years at Middle Management level;
Job Core Competencies:
- i. Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- ii. Leadership & Good interpersonal skills;
- iii. Professional and Technical competence;
- iv. Confidentiality, High Integrity, attention to details and accuracy;
- v. Analytical & Negotiation Skills; and
- vi. Organizational planning skills and Results-oriented
Interested and qualified persons are asked to visit our jobs portal: https://jobs.judiciary.go.ke for detailed job description, requirements for appointment and instructions on how to apply. All applications should reach the Commission NOT LATER THAN 28TH OCTOBER, 2020 AT 5.00 P.M.
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Judicial Service Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
THE SECRETARY JUDICIAL SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 40048 - 00100 NAIROBI
Telephone: +254 20-2739180
Commission Secretariat: Reinsurance Plaza,
Podium Floor, Taifa Road, Nairobi.