Reports To: Asst. Manager, ICT Business Applications
Key Responsibilities/ Supervisory Roles
- Assist in defining and validating business requirements, including the identification and assessment of gaps between such requirements and SAP functional capabilities.
- Participate in process design activities and workshops (business blueprinting) and create business process definitions.
- Guide business users on scope and estimate system changes for SAP processes.
- Review and approve definitive business processes for alignment with SAP technologies and architectures.
- Performs configuration and functional design to support solutions and processes utilizing SAP.
- Coordinating development efforts with the technical resources within the SAP platform.
- Work closely with other SAP Analysts and business users to design, implement and enhance work products and processes.
- Responsible for resolving functional, configuration, and data errors in the system and providing Level 1 support to resolve problems in the use of the SAP screens, tools, and processes.
- Monitor and ensure that SAP is operating efficiently and the data between the ERP modules of SAP and ancillary systems are consistent, resolve data process errors in a timely manner.
- Identify and coordinate application of the OSS Notes and ensure appropriate table files are maintained.
- Support testing of SAP modifications, fixes, and planning and implementation of new releases:
- Create functional and business test cases/ scripts.
- Record and document all test tool design configuration and changes.
- Report on test preparation, test execution and defect progress and trends
- Drive test cases creation with business and application support teams
- Qualify and certify testing of objects and changes to production
- Plan business process and functional application solutions and annual budgets as per requirements.
- Act as a change agent for business process adoption and improvement.
- Facilitate functional workshops with business users and key stakeholders.
- Provide training to process owner(s) and end users for any changes resulting from problem resolution and provide functional support in user training.
- Developing and maintain functional, technical, system solution, design, and testing documentation and specifications.
- Assist stakeholders and users in the development of appropriate reports; review and assist with the maintenance and development of new documents as appropriate.
- Assist with security administration as related to access controls as needed.
- Ensure compliance with industry best practices, statutory, regulatory and ICT standards.
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
Academic /Professional Qualifications and Membership
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology or any other IT related field.
- Relevant Post Graduate qualification is an added advantage.
- SAP Certification
- Member of a relevant professional body.
Previous relevant work experience required.
- The job holder should have at least seven (7) years experience working with an ERP or in an ICT Environment
- Possess Systems design & development, application management and business process knowledge.