Why this job is important?
The Senior Web Application Developer will be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining applications delivered through an agile development process within a cross-functional development team. The system consists of many advanced open source technologies integrated to provide a streamlined and ease to use system for a diverse global user population of both internal FHI 360 as well as external users. Users are supported by internal FHI 360 staff and a helpdesk to handle issue resolution and training. FHI 360 maintains an exciting roadmap of features and functionality for the continual growth of the system. The Senior Developer is a key resource in the development and support of this roadmap. This is an exciting opportunity to build on your development experience to support projects that improve lives in lasting ways!
• Develop new modules and extensions for an existing custom system leveraging open source technologies and systems.
• Customize, configure, and administrate the web application and associated third party modules.
• Work within a cross-functional team of front-end and back-end engineers, QA, and business analysis.
• Contribute to the discovery and implementation of future solutions to project information and data needs.
• Assists in the evaluation, development, and implementation of systems, including custom developed, off-the-shelf, and/or hosted solutions.
• Participates in code and design reviews.
• Develops new system components to include graphic user interfaces, software programs, database interfaces and reports.
• Troubleshoots basic software malfunctions, maintaining existing programs and make appropriate modifications based on changes in business environment, equipment, personnel and/or errors in existing programs.
• Executes development process for assigned work products within the scope of change/release management for enhancements and projects.
• Updates system documentation per the change/release process.
• Provide estimates on development efforts.
• 8+ years of programming and experience in PHP application development is required.
• Experience managing source code using revision control systems. Git is preferred.
• Knowledge of coding best practices and design patterns.
• Computer Science or Computer Engineering BA is required.
• 5– 8 years of professional PHP or equivalent programming experience.
• Strong knowledge and experience of databases (MySQL, SQL Server, etc.).
• Experience with the MVC frameworks (Laravel, Symfony, etc.).
• Ability to communicate technical information clearly and concisely to technical and non- technical users.
• Ability to initiate majority of relevant tasks, specify and plan activities for task accomplishments and notify supervisor of variances.
• Possession of excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Customer Service Oriented