CHAK is a national Faith Based health service delivery and program organization of the Protestant Churches in Kenya established in 1946 with presence in 45 counties in Kenya. CHAK has emerged as a market leader and driver in HIV prevention, care and treatment programs in Kenya, working collaboratively with the national and the county governments to improve access to quality prevention and service delivery and to catalyze strengthening of county health systems and community health networks, fostering greater sustainability and self-reliance.
CHAK is seeking competent, experienced and highly skilled professionals as Technical Advisors to lead in the anticipated USAID funded 5-year HIV Prevention, care and treatment project in Mt. Kenya, Kajiado and Nairobi region counties. The successful candidates are expected to drive the project to achieve its objectives and to act as change agents supporting a culture of performance and accountability within the project counties. These are competitive positions with high degree of personal responsibility and CHAK will offer individuals competitive rewards commensurate with their level of skills, responsibility and the market tread
1. Service Delivery Advisor - RMNCAH/FP
Improving women’s, children’s and adolescents’ health, as a technical practice area, is a priority focus of our programs, external communications and advocacy efforts. The job holder brings skills and experience in reproductive, maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health (RMNCAH), including integration of RMNCAH and infectious diseases and nutrition. She/he will expand and encourage innovation in the projects approaches to strengthening health systems to provide primary health care, particularly related to RMNCAH. She/he will build competencies and expertise in RMNCAH and will be actively engaged with the facility and county level technical teams, strengthening the project and CHAK’s position as a recognized thought leader in this space.
Reporting to the Deputy Chief of Party, this position will:
• Provide technical oversight and strategic direction to RMNCAH/FP integrated RMNCAH project activities, including AGYW reproductive Health strategy, including work to address gender-based violence;
• Contribute to development of strategies for integration of RMNCAH with primary health care and into universal health coverage packages;
• Ensure that evidence-based RMNCAH and cross-cutting approaches inform and are integrated into programs. Provide leadership in developing technical approaches to adolescent and youth reproductive health and gender-transformative approaches across all the programmatic areas;
• Provide technical assistance to CHAK program projects in the area of relating to RMNCAH with particular emphasis on improving technical excellence, data capture, analysis and lessons learned;
• Support regular analysis all RMNCAH programs in CHAK and distill approaches to addressing issues of integration, quality and scale;
• Document impact of RMNCAH interventions and capture and share innovations being developed by project teams;
• Provide technical inputs to proposals and be active in positioning with donors through thought leadership, publication, presentations, blogs and representing CHAK at technical meetings locally and internationally;
• Build and maintain strong relationships with US Government (USG) and non-USG donors and partners;
• Identify potential strategic partners and funders, contribute to diversification of CHAK RMNCAH portfolio;
• Actively participate in relevant technical advisory/working groups and professional forums to increase CHAK’s engagement in RMNCAH technical spaces;
• Contribute to the global public health knowledge base by preparing case studies and technical briefs and leading efforts to ensure CHAK is published in peer reviewed journals in areas related to RMNCAH;
• Work with CHAK’s Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) team to review and provide guidance on standard indicators for RMNCAH. Ensure that project performance monitoring plans are in line with latest thinking in the technical area;
• Communicate concepts of RMNCAH through a variety of mechanisms, including the CHAKs website, fact sheets, publications, and blogs.
• MD/Graduate training in Obstetrics and Gynecology is a basic requirement. MPH with a focus on family planning/reproductive health, maternal and newborn health, child health, adolescent health, and/or primary health care with relevant experience is also acceptable;
• At least eight (8) years, of progressively responsible experience managing, monitoring, and contributing to the design and implementation of RMNCAH components of health-related projects, including service delivery projects in the Kenyan environment with very clear understanding of community health networks and RMNCAH county HSS experience;
• Knowledge and demonstrated experience successfully mobilizing resources for RMNCAH programs, including significant proposal development experience with USAID in addition to other bilateral, multilateral, foundation, private sector, host country, and other funding sources;
• Experience in supporting person-centered, integrated care through co-creation and co-design with community participation a plus;
• Demonstrated experience in operations, implementation or other types of research;
• Demonstrated strong writing and oral presentation skills in English including written and spoken fluency;
• Proven ability to build strong relationships, work well as part of a team, and incorporate views of other disciplines into his or her work;
• Demonstrated organizational, managerial and supervisory, skills and abilities; sound judgment; high ethical standards; flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines;
• Demonstrated capacity to work in diverse cultural settings, complex environment and fragile states;
• Ability to network and collaborate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders—global, regional, national, local, and private-sector partners;
• Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Skills in statistical programs (SPSS, EPI info, etc.) are an added advantage;
• Systems thinking: Ability to understand, affect, connect, and leverage various parts of a system while maintaining sight of the whole system;
• Assessing / Managing Work: Ability to set clear objectives, coordinate resources, people, and processes and manage feedback loops to adjust approaches as necessary;
• Communication: Able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles. Can get messages across achieving the desired effect;
• Learning: Ability to learn new technical skills and knowledge quickly;
• Integrity: We aspire to earn the trust of our partners, our clients, and one another by upholding the highest ethical standards. We strive to do what we say we will do.
How to apply
Qualified candidates should send their CV and application letter briefly describing his or her motivation for the position and highlight relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 31st January 2021. Only qualified candidates should apply. Applicants must quote the Position on application Subject.
*Disclaimer: CHAK does not charge money at any point of the recruitment process***