Job locations are Nairobi, Eldoret, and Kitale
Job Title : Shop Cashier (4 Positions)
Department : Sales and Distribution
Reporting to : Accounts Assistant / Shop Supervisor
1.0 Organizational / Departmental Structure
1.1 First Level Supervisor : Accounts Assistant
Second Level Supervisor : Shop supervisor
Job Title of incumbent : Shop Cashier
First Level Subordinates :
2. Required Experience, and Qualifications;
• Diploma in a finance related course
• At least one year of cashier and cash handling experience
• Agility with numbers; ability to calculate numbers, correct entries, and post to the system.
• Good communication skills.
• Self-motivated and creative personality; Disciplined and work with minimal supervision.
• Multi- tasking; Must be able to work in a fast-pased environment and follow procedures exactly, every time.
• Attention to detail, and time management.
• Honest and transparent person; Must always convey accurate data to management
• Flexibility; Adapts to changing business needs, conditions and work responsibilities.
3. Key Results / Performance Areas
• Daily cash up and cash reconciliations at the beginning and end of shifts to make sure that cash on hand balances with theoretical cash on hand
• Making sure that there is adequate/appropriate float.
• Establish or identify prices of products and raise cash sales using cash register or point of sale
• Calculate total payments received during a period and reconcile this with total sales.
• Recording the receipts in the cashbook or POS system on daily basis.
• Good customer service
• Ensure that all lines, are available in the shop
• Maintain and monitor state and stock levels to prevent / avoid stock-outs and rotten product in the shop.
• Do daily stock take of product issued before and after sales
• Attend to customer enquiries and complaints regarding fish products
• Weigh products accurately and print label with correct product description, quantity, and price.
• Ensure that daily cash takings are reconciled, safe and secure before handover and signing off to administrator/supervisor.
4. Duties and Responsibilities;
• Ensure cash counts are conducted on all receipts and adequate documentation is maintained and fully signed off.
• Process all customer receipts in the accounting information system based on verified official records.
• Produce a daily report for all stores detailing the sales for the day and actual deposits made.
• Review each and every piece of information before processing it and maintain a strong understanding of Product Type, Price and customer accounts to avoid miss posts.
• Compare stock movements to reported sales and reconcile and highlight any discrepancies daily and per store
• Provide backup support to other groups in the accounting department, type periodic reports and perform other general administrative duties in direct support to the Assistant Accountant.
• Ensure all cash is fully reconciled at the end of the month and all un-deposited cash location is known and reported accurately.
5. Supervision Given;
6. Contacts with People Outside Your Department
• Senior management
7. Contacts with People Outside the Company
• Security Guard
The employee is expected to adhere to all Company policies and to act as a role model in adherence to the policies.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities.
The Company reserves the right to require the employee to perform duties other than those listed according to the changing requirement of the business.This job description is subject to review and possible subsequent revision.