1. Perform daily soap production operations. Our interest is in handmade soap
2. Provide a support role to the factory operations.
Skills and Abilities
- Able to multitask.
- Analytical problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to train/mentor technicians on specific machines.
- Must have a mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to provide effective training to department staff on areas such as SOP s, Safety, Conduct, etc.
- Ability to apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
- Ability to react well/work under pressure and manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently to determine and apply appropriate policies and procedures.
- Punctuality, flexibility and a sense of urgency.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions including immediate corrective actions and preventative measures.
- Ability to exhibit sound and accurate judgment and able to makes timely decisions.
- Critical Thinking Ability to analyze situations in a critical manner presenting proactive ways rather than reactive solutions.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner/Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions. Follows through on commitments.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Formulate the soap through approved scientific methods and the company's SOPs.
- Perform soap production, using the designated equipment and tools to the required standards.
- Make recommendations on various lines of productions and equipment’s requirements.
- Ensure adherence to the set GMP, GLP and HACCP guidelines on soap production.
- Perform the set Quality Control tests for the soap.
- Ensure the required inventory records for the soap production are up to date.
- Other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Diploma in any of the following disciples:
- Applied Sciences
- Diploma in analytical chemistry
- Diploma in industrial chemistry
- Training in ISO 9001:2015 standards.
- Training in Environment, Health and Safety standards and regulations.
- 1 year minimum working experience in busy soap manufacturing facility preferably on handmade soap.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.