Reports to : Managing Director
Direct reports : None
Department : Social Responsibility
Ensure that small scale artisanry grows as a robust, viable, responsible path to economic empowerment and community development in emerging markets by focusing on two primary
1. Socially responsible, ethical workshop production leading to systemic change across the small scale artisan sector; and
2. Greater development of the communities where artisans work, with an emphasis on artisans as agents of change in their families and wider communities.
● Promoting and tracking the Company’s efforts in keeping to its mission and brand promise within the countries and communities we work in and with.
● Continuously innovating ways to achieve key mission goals, in order to achieve broader impact in a more cost-effective way.
● Establishing and maintaining relationships with key contacts in strategic partner organizations
● Representing SOKO at relevant networks, workshops, seminars and policy events
● Managing and supporting grants and technical assistance applications and implementation for the organization
● Managing the implementation and regular monitoring and continuous improvement of ESG compliance
● Championing SR initiatives within the organization and itspartners
● Acting as the key communications arm of all things social responsibility, both with internal and external stakeholders
● Overseeing the social responsibility initiatives, programmes and contractors.
● Keeping up with social impact developments and scoping for opportunities for SOKO in line with the social impact vision
● Providing detailed reports to stakeholders including investors and the Board of Directors with respect to the organization's progress
● Detail oriented, organized, efficient and thorough
● Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
● Ability to analyse, interpret and present bulk data
● Excellent presentation skills
● Good team player with the ability to work well in a multicultural environment
● Strong working knowledge of MS Office and G-Suite applications
Experience and Qualifications
● Bachelors degree in social sciences or equivalent
● 4 years’ work experience with at least 2 years’ working directly in social impact and implementing social impact programmes
● Knowledge of B Corp requirements and processes