• The ideal candidate must a qualified social worker relevant academic, documentation, and minimum of 3yrs and above experience you will need at least a bachelor's degree in social work (BSW), a degree in psychology or sociology
Duties & Responsibilities
• Attending to all serious medical cases referred from any of the four primary schools. This involves:
o Getting and recording the child’s medical history
o Securing a referral from The Mary Immaculate Clinic
o Accompanying the child to the medical facility (where necessary)
o Ensuring that the clients have access to prescribed drugs
o Follow up i.e. home visits to monitor the patient’s progress
• Handling cases of child neglect with bias to those with special needs i.e. involving the relevant authority if need be.
• Referring children with special needs to suitable institutions for assistance.
• Assisting children with special needs to acquire specialized equipment i.e. wheel chairs, artificial limbs etc.
• Keeping updated records of all cases handled.
• Providing comprehensive monthly reports to the MPC management on all cases handled.
• Handling clients from our catchment area who suffer from chronic illness hence in need of assistance.
• Maintaining effective communication with the community, you are serving.
• Accurate and detailed accounting of all funds allocated to the department.
• Maintaining confidentiality of client information.
• Refrain from any activities outside the project that would present a conflict of interest with your employment at Mukuru Promotion Centre.
• Carry out duties and responsibilities in a manner that will enhance the reputation of Mukuru Promotion Centre.