We are a fintech operating in Kenya, offering consumers innovative, savings-led financial products.
We are looking for a Full Stack software developer with considerable experience in software development & expertise and knowledge of industry practices to perform various technical development tasks such as coding, app development, testing and production. The right candidate will be given responsibility for managing our technology platforms and will be expected to utilize their knowledge to continuously improve and redefine the developed Mobile Apps and platforms to deliver differentiated end-user experiences.
Full time or part time/consultancy applicants are all welcome to apply.
Qualifications, Experience & Qualities
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
• 3-5 years of experience in developing high-traffic, consumer-facing Mobile Apps and platforms.
• Proven hands-on working experience with the following development software & technologies:
o Experience with Java Frameworks
o Knowledge of Laravel framework for middlewares
o Ionic, Angular and Cordova
o Worked with supervisor for queues and services
o Knowledge of database management of MySQL, Postgres, etc
o Knowledge of how to use or setup and maintain Cloud and Ubuntu servers
o Knowledge of WebServices and consumer API’s
o Strong DevOps experience building and deploying infrastructure with one or more cloud deployment technologies like AWS, Azure
o Knowledge of new technologies like Python and React an advantage
• Experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks.
• Experience with Agile development methodologies.
• Capability of delivering multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong ability to understand strategy and business and it’s relation to the technology being built.