Employer: A LEADING FARM PRODUCTS FOOD PROCESSING COMPANY LOCATED IN COAST REGION
Ref No: SGK-SM-09-2020
Job Category: MID MANAGEMENT
Town: KWALE AND KILIFI COUNTY
• Diploma or degree in purchasing and supplies management or related field.
• At least 3 years relevant farm experience in farm produce sourcing.
• Much attention will be paid to those who have been involved in sourcing of farm products such as coconuts, cashewnuts, macadamia, avocados, fresh produce among other farm produce.
Salary: KSHS. 60,000 - 100,000 PLUS COMPANY BENEFITS
• Sourcing manager main role is to oversee development and management of good relationship with farmers and suppliers of raw materials for processing to the company.
• He/she will advice the company management on daily situations concerning the raw materials, prices at the farm, seasons and interests of the farmers.
HE/SHE WILL THEREFORE PERFORM THE FOLLOWING FUNCTIONS: -
• Oversee the purchasing of raw materials to meet production demand.
• Co-ordinate the team of field officers and buyers.
• co-ordinate logistics required for sourcing activities.
• Ensure quality and good standards of raw materials and working practices are maintained on farms and businesses.
• Organize education and training for farmers for the benefit of the company.
• Organize farm visits and also monitor prices of farm materials offered in the farms.
• Manage raw materials collection and advise the management on any measures to be taken depending on activities happening in the farms.
• Develop raw materials sourcing budget.
• Develop efficient sourcing management strategies while keeping abreast of industry and market trends and best practices.
• Generate daily reports on sourcing.