Reporting to : Managing Director Enterprise
Department: Enterprise Division
Who We Are
Telkom connects the people that keep Kenya on the move. It does this by providing integrated telecommunications solutions to individuals, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs), Government and large corporates in Kenya, drawing from a diverse solutions suite that includes voice, data, mobile money as well as network services. Powered by its vast fibre optic infrastructure, it is also a major provider of wholesale, carrier-to-carrier traffic within the country and the region.
Working For Us, We Expect You To:
• Execute and control internal projects within budget
• Contribute to the cost saving initiatives of the company
• Ensure projects contribute to customer satisfaction, retention and activation.
• Define the scope of the project in collaboration with relevant stakeholders
• Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities and resources required to successfully complete the project
• Execute the project according to the project plan and according to the company policies and procedures
• Monitor, manage and report on progress of the project
• Resolve and escalate problems and obstacles
• Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase and determine the lessons learned
• Prepare the relevant reporting with detail feedback for all levels of the business i.e. board, exco, opscom, operational,
• Manage internal and external project staff according to the established policies and procedures of the organization as well as the required project deliverables
• Provide information concerning own training needs and support training interventions
• Ensure a thorough understanding of the Telkom products and services, policies and procedures
• Take responsibility for self-development through self-study, identification of learning opportunities
Academic background & Professional Knowledge
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management, IT or any related field.
• At least 2 - 4 years Project management industry experience.
• Demonstrated experience in managing project budgets
• Ability to prepare, present and share insights to guide decision-making.
• Demonstrated experience in influencing critical project decisions and stakeholders
• Proven aptitude to manage many competing projects and priorities.
• Able to move fluidly between collaborative and independent work styles.
• Adept at making assessments quickly and identifying the best course of action
Here Are The Skills We Are Looking For:
• Project management
• Resourcefulness and attention to detail
• Ability to work under pressure
• Efficient and results oriented
• Self-motivated person able to work under minimum supervision
• Excellent leadership and organizational skills
• Risk Management
• Critical Thinking
• Razor-sharp problem-solving skills
• Cost Control
• Quality Management
How to Apply
Application should be sent via Apply Now Button by providing an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) before 15th July 2020 including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Telkom Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to tribe, religion, gender, age or disability.