Mama Rocks is a gourmet burger restaurant founded in 2016 specializing in African influenced burgers, sides and drinks.
REPORTS TO: Head of Finance & Cost Control
DEPARTMENT: Cost Control
EMPLOYEE STATUS: FULL TIME (8 hours, 26.5 days a week)
- Ensures that all food and beverage items are available.
- Responsible for receiving, storing, transferring, and rotating food and beverage items.
- Produces and distributes all necessary documents to support the receiving, storing, transferring or returning of any food and beverage items.
- Audits incoming shipments and packing slips for quality and accuracy; Identifies and refers inaccurate or unacceptable shipments to management and informs the Food & Beverage team of any order discrepancies or issues.
- Identifies and communicates items with low inventory and other department needs to department Supervisor and/or Manager.
- Establishes and maintains order in the dry storage areas, food and non-food and the fridges and freezers.
- Monitors expiration dates and business volume.
- Assist in the physical count of all inventory items.
- Knows and follows all company, Environmental, Health, and Safety Management Programs and policies.
- Completing accurate stock count of all food, drink and packaging items
- Placing items back in fridge/shelves/counters in accordance to FIFO
- Auditing stocks in restaurant to ensure clear labeling, dates and signatories – alerting F&B controller if this is not being actioned and taking a record of items not labelled in accordance to Mama Rocks policy.
- Preventing overstock of items
- Passing on accurate stock count to the Head of Finance & Stock Control
- Accept deliveries and issue stock in accordance with F&B Policy
- Meet deadlines and keep an accurate record of stock in the system (including internal transfers)
- Stock shelves with unpacked items.
- Ensure labels are clear and visible.
- Works extra shifts and hours as required.
- Assists in other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The above duties are subject to change.
- Prolonged standing with occasional walking (frequent)
- Repetitive motions requiring use of both wrists and hands as well as fingers (frequent)
- Able to work for extended periods of time (frequent)
- Low level positions: squatting, kneeling, and crouching (frequent)
- Use of ladders and step stools up to 8 steps high. (frequent)
- Balancing when counting stock from ladder (frequent)
- Conveying detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately and quickly (frequent)
- Able to lift and carry items up to 10kg (occasional)
Experience or Knowledge Requirements
- Read, write, speak and understand basic English.
- Must have used a electronic stock management/inventory system
- Ability to determine department needs based on inventory levels and business volume.
- Ability to use production records, take an inventory, and use an order catalogue.
- Great organizational, spatial awareness, and logistical skills.
- Ability to accomplish common tasks with little direct supervision.
- Prior teamwork experience in a restaurant setting is essential.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure with whole numbers, common fractions and decimals using a calculator.
- Able to use a commercial weighing scale
- You are a self-starter with a great work ethic and are a team player.
- You work at a safe, steady pace and ensure the job is done right the first time!
- Knowledge of Food Safety is a must
- Active listening – Giving full attention to what people are saying, taking time to understand.
- Speaking – talking to others in a friendly and engaging manner.
- Service orientation – actively looking for ways to help people.
- Social perceptiveness – being aware of others and understanding why they react as they do.
- Coordination – adjusting actions in relations to others’ actions.
- Attention to detail – query any orders that are incomplete or lack detail
- Oral expression- ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Oral comprehension – ability to listen to and understand information .
- Speech clarity – ability to speak clearly so others understand you.
- Problem sensitivity - ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. Recognizing a problem.
- Near vision - ability to see details at close range.