REPORTING TO: THE OPERATIONS DIRECTOR
• Develop both long term strategic goals and tactical/operations plans for the central stores function to support the retail expansion strategy.
• Work closely with procurement and inventory accountant in ensuring adequate inventory levels and spearhead development of central stores annual budget.
• Responsible for planning coordinating, directing and evaluating the work and activities of all represented employees in the central store.
• Develop, evaluate, monitor and maintain receiving, warehousing and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating and enforcing stock handling procedures, operational and personnel procedures against agreed performance indicators.
• Safeguarding central stores operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
• Control inventory levels by ensuring regular physical stock counts, reconciling with retail management system, ensuring accuracy at all levels of stocks handling through implementation of procedures and ensuring bin cards are consistently utilized to monitor the physical stock.
• Achieve financial objectives by ensuring that central stores operations fall with the company budgets, analyzing variances and initiating corrective action.
• Ensure compliance with all the national and international stocks handling requirement by studying the existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirement and advising management on the needed action.
• Maintain the physical condition of the warehouse by reviewing the existing design layout and planning and implementing new design layouts
• Manage warehouse operations requirement by scheduling and assigning central stores and logistic staffs (the drivers), following up operational plans and deadlines are achieved.
• Overseeing the dispatch and distribution of goods to the retail outlets to ensure optimum stock levels both at the central stores and the retail outlets.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE
• Degree/Diploma in procurement and Supply Chain Management
• Experience working in FMCG Managerial position for a period of at least 4-5 years
• 40 years and above most preferred male
• Interpersonal and leadership skills
• Communication skills and a Team Player