• Exercise general control over all activities in the auto spare shops and stores. Coordinates with all stores and shops on delivery schedules.
• To ensure safe keeping of all spare parts and accessories.
• Maintains updates and ensures accuracy of database by recording requisition details, purchase orders, delivery activities and invoice actions i.e the movement of stock.
• Receive and check purchased spares, unload, and shelve supplies.
• To issue spares and accessories in required quantities against authorized issue notes.
• Inspect deliveries for damage or discrepancies; report those to accounting for reimbursements and record keeping/ adjustment.
• To check the book balances, with the actual physical stock at frequent intervals by way of internal controls over unrecorded issues and receipts both in hard copy and in the system.
• Ensure adequate record keeping and manage all documentation to confirm proper stock levels and maintain inventory control.
• Manage and maintain a comprehensive electronic database of inventory on acquisitions, delivery, shrinkage and damage.
• Maintain the warehouse, records and stores in a neat and orderly manner.
• Prepare up to date daily and monthly, quarterly, half yearly and annually records and reports of stock balances and levels for management decision making
• Any other duties that maybe allocated by the supervisor from time to time as need arises.
• Minimum of a diploma in Business administration with bias to procurement, ware house and stores management. Accounting certification from a reputable college will be an added advantage.
• A minimum of 2 years of experience in stores and Warehouse management/ keeping, inventory control and record keeping preferable from automotive industry.
• Knowledge of proper bookkeeping and inventory management.
• Familiarity with standard concepts and best practices in a warehouse environment
• Analytical mind with ability to make accurate mathematical computations
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Competencies in data entry, analysis, and management
• Keen attention to detail and ability to effectively manage time
• Basic knowledge of auto spare operations will be an added advantage.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Must be computer literate.