We are a furniture company and currently searching for an organized and detail-oriented storekeeper to manage all of store operations in our organization. In this position, you’ll play a key role in the proper care and maintenance of our stock, including ordering, receiving, and managing inventory.
Furniture Storekeeper Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintain receipts, records, and withdrawals of the stockroom
• Receive, unload, and shelve supplies
• Perform other stock-related duties, including returning, packing, pricing, and labelling supplies
• Inspect deliveries for damage or discrepancies; report those to accounting for reimbursements and record keeping
• Rotate stock and coordinate the disposal of surpluses
• Ensure adequate record keeping and manage all documentation to confirm proper stock levels and maintain inventory control
• Coordinate the handling of freight, the movement of equipment, and necessary minor repairs.
Furniture Storekeeper Requirements and Qualifications
• Diploma/Degree in or related field.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in the same field.
• Knowledge of proper bookkeeping and inventory management.
• Familiarity with standard concepts and best practices in a stockroom or warehouse environment
• Analytical mind with ability to make accurate mathematical computations
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Competencies in data entry, analysis, and management
• Keen attention to detail and ability to effectively manage time
• Ability to safely and legally operate a forklift
• Skills to operate common office equipment
• Physical ability to frequently lift and carry materials.