• To establish and ensure that stock control systems are up to date so as to ensure inventory accuracy.
• To assist in headcount, receiving and dispatching materials as per need with the Technical Production team.
• Promptly makes entries of all incoming stock into the system, ensuring that stock records are up-to-date at all times and establish Inventory control systems for better inventory management.
• To ensure maximum utilization of space with optimal footprint.
• Maximizing space for efficient storage. More goods per square inch.
• Raising indent of material as per site requirement.
• Ensures the arrangement of all goods received are put into the storage area according to the FIFO principle.
• Ensure all invoices are stamped and dated with the appropriate receiving stamp upon deliveries per Company guidelines
• Receiving the materials in store as per specification.
• Verification of quantity received. Preparation of MIS reports. Issue of material & maintaining proper records of all issues from stores. Preparation of stock report on daily basis.
• Reconciliation of materials.
• Maintenance of all required records & documents.
• Reporting of transfer of stock to the concern authority.
• Takes physical stock of all goods from time to time to ensure that they match with system records, and promptly reports any discrepancies to the Directors for appropriate action
• Ensuring that the tools and machines at site are in working condition.
• Ensures Stores Management is effective. Re-order levels & Minimum stock levels are maintained to avoid adhoc purchasing.
• Maintaining relationship with all suppliers supplying across the group of companies.
• Verifies details of all goods received from LPOs and other sites before accepting them into the Stores.
• Collects dispatch instructions from the Site Manager, Procurement department and Directors
• Good knowledge of accounting and procurement software i.e., SAGE, SAP, QuickBooks, Inventory systems.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to supervise and manage a pool of unskilled and semi-skilled workforce.
• Good leadership skills.
• Good communicator, coach & mentor.
• Good report-writing skills.
• Must be of high integrity
• Diploma in Purchasing & Supplies/ Accountant qualifications.
• Minimum 2 years’ Stores Management experience.
• Candidates with relevant experience will have an added advantage
• Good computer skills: MS Excel, MS Word. Receiving Software, Inventory system
• Well-organized and detail-oriented.