Reports To: Purchase Manager/Store Manager
The storekeeper in the hotel has the main responsibility to:
• Receive, store and issue supplies and equipment for the day-to-day hotel operations.
• Work closely with purchasing department, ensure cleanliness of all work areas, keeping storage and receiving areas clean and tidy at all times.
• He/she also verifies that all supplies and goods received are listed on requisitions/orders and the delivery chanels, invoices are checked and filed in the appropriate folder.
• Maintains par stock, inventory and stock records every month and compiles records of expenditures/consumptions etc.
Storekeeper Duties and Responsibilities:
• Receive and forward all goods and deliveries in and out of the hotel to the correct point of contact/storage area.
• Follow standards for issuing and receiving stock within the store's area of operation.
• Monitor and take inventory on regular basis to compile orders based on par levels or needs.
• Maintain clear and organized records to ensure all reports and invoices are filed and stored properly.
• Monitor Par levels for all food items to ensure proper levels.
• Responsible for storage of both food & beverage and operational stock.
• Responsible for the day-to-day check on the storage facilities for upkeep and hygiene.
• Responsible to verify all goods arrived as per the agreed purchase, delivery note and agreed quantity has been received.
• Refuse acceptance of damaged, unacceptable, or incorrect items.
• Ensure cleanliness of all areas, keeping storage areas clean & tidy and in strict compliance with hygiene regulations.
• Ensure all store requisitions are signed by concerned Department Heads (HOD’s) and approved by FC/GM depending upon the hotel's operations procedure.
• Ensure the quantity requested and the quantity issued always matches.
• Ensure store requisition form is signed by the person collecting the goods and enter into the Management Software/System.
• Post all invoices using the Management Software/System.
• Conduct inventory audits to determine inventory levels and needs.
• Conduct physical stock audits on a regular basis as advised by the Financial Controller (FC) and the physical count to be tallied with the inventory count from the Management Software/System
• Investigate any differences between the manual count and Management Software/System and give the information to the Finance Department.
• Assist the Accounts Payable Clerk / payable assistant in finding out any cost discrepancies.
• Complete requisition forms for inventory and supplies.
• Extend all requisitions on a daily basis and update the inventory Management Software/system.
• Work closely with Purchasing to order and receive items and equipment.
• Troubleshoot any vendor delivery issues and oversee/follow up on the return process.
• Follow up on documentation of after-hours issues ensuring it is in accordance with established internal controls and procedures.
• Adhere to all Health and Safety procedures particularly relating to food and beverage items.
• Keep accurate recordings of all incoming and outgoing goods.
• Notify the store manager/supervisor of any low stock levels.
• Identify and report any slow-moving items to avoid over purchasing.
• Verify and track received inventory and complete inventory reports and logs.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the management or supervisors.
• Positive attitude and good communication skills.
• Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations.
• Ability to work on your own or as part of a team.
• Have a good eye for detail.
• Familiar with Inventory Management Software.
• Must have basic computer skills for the day-to-day operation.
• Relevant diploma or degree in Management/Finance or related business discipline.
• Able to work with Micros or eZee System or any other hotel software.
• Previous store management experience with stock control responsibility.
• Experience of at least two years in a similar position in the full service hotel or hospitality industry.