DEPARTMENT: STORES AND LOGISTICS
JOB TITLE: STORES AND LOGISTICS MANAGER
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: GENERAL MANAGER
Overall purpose of the Job
Effectively coordinate storage and distribution of goods, ensure the right products are delivered to the right location, on time and at a good cost. The candidate will oversee transportation, stock control, warehousing and monitoring the flow of goods.
• To ensure day to day dispatches from warehouse to the Market.
• Continually try to improve and develop business performance within the constraints of legislation, fuel costs and rising environmental pressures.
• Develop systems to manage stock levels, delivery times and transport costs and general reports for the function.
• Allocate and manage staff resources according to changing needs.
• Liaising with local bodies for timely movement of goods to the market.
• Preparing flaw less Pre-shipment & Post Shipment documents for the market.
• Control, Monitor and supervise all the Statutory records & returns related to Licenses i.e packing fees to the County Council.
• Tracking & Ensuring smooth delivery of the goods to the customer.
• Budgeting & cost comparison for proficient in cost analysis.
• Daily/Weekly/Monthly report on dispatch plan Vs Actual & Shipment tracking Reports.
• Document/record maintenance with document matrix.
• Inventory Management of Finished Goods & Warehouse operations.
• Inspect physical conditions of warehouses, vehicle fleets, or equipment and order testing, maintenance, repairs, or replacements.
• Respond to customers' or shippers' questions and complaints regarding storage and distribution services.
• Develop and document standard and emergency operating procedures for receiving, handling, storing, shipping, or salvaging products or materials.
Key performance Indicators
• Compliance to ISO and statutory standards in Fleet management.
• Management of Key Partner.
• Ensure timely reorder levels.
• Optimal Customer satisfaction.
• Drive saving for the organization.
1. Academic qualifications
University Degree in Business with CIPS Diploma in Purchasing & Supply Chain Management.
2. Job Skills & Personal Attributes
• Experience in logistics in a busy FMCG Organization.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and customers.
• Working knowledge of Import Controls, Shipment, and Customs clearance.
• Comfortable with prioritizing & managing multiple assignments.
• Adept in Microsoft Office Applications and relevant logistics Software e.g. Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point.
• Self-motivated, result oriented and ability to work in a matrix environment.
KENYAN CITIZENS ONLY.
Salary KES 80,000 – 100,000 Gross