The successful candidate’s main responsibility will be to supervise all activities of the warehouse, ensure high standards of cleanliness and maintenance of the warehouse as well as maintain awareness and knowledge of the condition and location of fleet vehicles. He/she must have a very strong supply chain management knowledge, planning and execution of timely deliveries, and be very good at managing people. He/she will l have a large team underneath him and he must be in absolute control of their management. Background in lean, 6s/5s systems, is an added advantage.
• Oversee receiving, warehousing and distribution operations.
• Implement operational policies and procedures and overseeing security operations.
• Ensure effective and safe use of warehouse equipment.
• Ensure proper product storage.
• Maintain documentation and keeping accurate records of warehouse activities.
• Assisting with deliveries where required.
• Liaising with transport companies, suppliers and clients.
• Training, supervising and appraising staff.
• Ensure perpetual stock take of selected items on a daily basis.
• Ensure comprehensive and extensive stock take of Finished Goods & Raw Materials monthly.
• Ensure no stock discrepancy more than acceptable industrial standards in Raw Materials.
• Ensure and assist in the stock audit on a quarterly basis.
• Degree in supply chain management.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in warehouse management.
• Excellent understanding of warehouse management procedures.
• Proficient knowledge of inventory and inventory controls.
• Proficient computer skills.
• Able to operate forklift effectively.
• Communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Leadership, organizational, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills.
• Strong people skills.
Monthly gross salary: Negotiable depending on experience.
Position Level: Upper Mid-level.
Location: Coast, Kenya.
Deadline: 14th March 2021.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***