Supply Chain & Procurement
Reporting to the Hotel Manager, the Stores & Purchasing Officer will be expected to work with suppliers, negotiate contracts for the purchase of required goods and keep accurate records of transactions trends.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
Job Title: Stores/Purchasing Officer
Position Location: Athi River, Machakos County
Job Summary: - Reporting to the Hotel Manager, the Stores & Purchasing Officer will be expected to work with suppliers, negotiate contracts for the purchase of required goods and keep accurate records of transactions trends. S/he will assist the Management in the monitoring, reporting and controlling of Costs in the hotel. S/he will be expected to work closely with the requesting/user departments and, keep storage and receiving areas clean and tidy at all times. The Stores/Purchasing Office is responsible for verifying both quality and quantity of goods received and to sore the same in hygienic and orderly conditions. All goods received from suppliers whether internal or external must be listed on delivery notes. Receipts and invoices should be checked to ensure they tally with the items that have been received. All goods received or issued should be keyed into the hotel operating system. S/he will also conduct daily routine as well as comprehensive monthly stock takes covering all departments and submit a stock status report to the Hotel Manage with a copy to the Directors etc.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Verify the quality goods, and check prices through standard purchasing specifications.
• Obtain competitive quotations for Hotel requirements and ensure that the best product is sourced and purchased at the most competitive prices.
• Call for quotations for any items costing more than a certain preset threshold, (threshold determined and indicated in the company policy) and inquire on prices from various suppliers.
• Receive daily/weekly list of requirements from all departments using the requisition books and the hotel operating system and prepare the weekly purchase list for approval by the Hotel Manager, and then prepare LPOs in the hotel operating system for the same before purchase.
• Process all purchases and stock management using the processes, guidelines, approvals and Resort’s purchasing and stock management tools and system at all times.
• Keep Minimum / Maximum stock levels for all products as per Resort policy.
• Ensure validity of items available, ensuring perishable items are used before expiry. Share a monthly list of expired items with the Hotel Manager.
• Responsible for all administrative functions of the Purchasing/Stores Department, and execution of other related duties.
• Be willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks.
• Reject damaged, poor quality or incorrect items deliveries of ordered items. This includes confirming the weights of goods like vegetables and meats.
• Adhere to all Health and Safety procedures particularly relating to storage of food and beverage items.
• Must use Hotel Operating System especially logging in assets bought by the hotel, daily/weekly purchases, generating LPOs for approval before any purchases etc.
• Prepare and submit accurate periodic stores and purchases reports in a timely manner.
• Relevant degree preferably in Supply Chain Management, or any other relevant field.
• At least three (3) years of Stores and Purchasing work experience, preferably in the hospitality industry.
• Hands-on experience with hotel management systems.
• Understanding of store management and purchasing procedures
• Good negotiation skills.
• Strong analytical and communication skills.
• Agile and able to work well even under pressure.
• Highly self-supervised and ability to meet deadlines.
• High level of integrity and confidentiality.
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
• Team player
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured