The role holder is primarily responsible for establishing and maintaining effective relationships with our Partners within the Public Sector. These relationships ought to be so effective leading to meeting the revenue and margin targets for the Sales team. The jobholder is expected to have a positive attitude, great work ethic and GRIT to achieve the set out goals.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Leverage on relationships and market intelligence on lead generation, account planning and new account development and expanding existing accounts
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry trends, technical developments and government regulations that affect target markets
• Collaborative and team oriented, innovative in approach and passionate about work. Reliable, trustworthy and open with a high level of integrity and commitment.
• Identify and qualify long term business opportunities and pro-actively identifying and addressing competitive threats
• Develop and maintain detailed account profiles for large accounts in Vertical, and also review team accounts on a monthly basis.
• Responsible for achieving assigned quotas and goals and for the overall sales strategies and results in the public sector vertical
• Understand organization’s business needs, develop application of products and services and effectively communicate value added solutions to meet those needs, including researching and developing lists of potential customers, identifying and qualifying business opportunities, making regular sales calls to develop relationship and following-up on sales leads
• Prepare formal proposals and present to all levels of the organization including executive level
• Lead negotiations, coordinate complex decision-making process, overcome obstacles for closure and close sales in a professional and effective manner.
• Assume full responsibility for accurate sales forecasting by demonstrating in-depth knowledge of sales cycles from initial contract through the procurement process and ensure Sales force is utilized appropriately and maintained on a regular basis.
• Responsible for vertical planning through research, development and maintenance of long- and short- range sales and marketing plans
Knowledge and Experience required of jobholder
• Bachelor degree/diploma in a relevant course
• 5-10 years of experience in relationship management within the public sector space
• Experience in direct selling I.T infrastructure- Hardware, Networking, Security, Services etc. is an added advantage
• Essential direct handling and exposure of Creating, Defending, Negotiating Customer proposals- face- to-face with end customers
• Negotiation and relationship management with OEMs and Public sector institutions
• The job holder should have an exquisite track record in relationship management in the Public Sector and Governance
• Should have strong communication and presentations skills
• Excellent networking skills