The successful candidate will be responsible to manage the studio as well as projects end to end; including crating/packing of artworks & materials, execution of shipments of materials & artworks out of and into Nairobi as well as document management. Other duties will include artworks storage materials purchasing and maintenance for the studio & property. He/she will also maintain the daily Calendar of the artist and coordinate and organize travel, in collaboration with the New York Studio Manager. The successful candidate MUST be a multitasker, a good problem solver with very strong organizational skills. An interest in, or at least an understanding of, visual arts, is an added advantage.
• Ensure that list of priorities is shared and agreed upon with the Nairobi team, local vendors and fabricators, and New York Studio.
• Develop and manage, in collaboration with the MD/Artist a list of priorities for the studio.
• Manage Nairobi Studio expenses.
• Oversee the management of the inventory of works in Nairobi Studio.
• Manage storage of artworks, finished or in‐progress, in Nairobi Studio stores storage.
• Maintain and share costs of materials & production of artworks with New York Studio.
• Maintain a daily calendar and arrange studio visits, reservations, arrangements for site visits.
• Coordinate, prepare and organize travel, in collaboration with the New York studio manager.
• Manage end to end maintenance and improvement projects for the property.
• Regularly monitor functioning of key utilities: water, electricity, recycling, solar panels etc.
• Ensure tourism permits are renewed yearly.
• Support in managing house staff.
• College education.
• Previous experience in project management, scheduling, personal assistance; ideally, experience in a creative field and/or in property management.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Comfortable managing and supervising people, both internal and external.
• Cultural awareness – ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders abroad.
• Excellent people skills and comfortable working in a family environment.
• Detail oriented and a good problem solver.
• Comfort working with MS Word and Excel.
• Ideally a drivers’ license and own transport.
Monthly gross salary: Negotiable depending on skills and experience.
Deadline: 7th of February 2021.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Leading Recruitment & Executive Search Company in Kenya; Summit Recruitment & Search, Blixen Court, Karen Road, Karen ***