Centre for Microbiology Research
Opening Date: 4th June, 2021 Closing date: 24th June, 2021.
IMPOWER is a Phase 3, Randomized, Active-Controlled, and Double-blind Clinical Study to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of Oral Islatravir Once-Monthly as Preexposure Prophylaxis in Cisgender Women at High Risk for HIV-1 Infection. The study has the following vacancies;
1. Position: Study Doctor (1 Position)KMR/ 5 Vacancy No. FN-015-05-2021
Reports to: Principal investigator
Duration: 1 Year Renewable Contract as per KEMRI Scheme of Service. The first 3 months is a probation period
The position holder will be expected to provide clinical support to a clinical research team conducting a once a month oral PrEP study and provision of reproductive health services to adolescent girls, young women and older women. In addition, they will provide oversight and leadership to the daily conduct of clinical studies as a designee of the Principal Investigator.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide training, mentoring and guidance to clinical staff in all aspects of trial conduct and project orientation to ensure compliance with protocols and guidance documents
• Promote good clinical practice in the conduct of clinical studies and provide medical input at all stages of the project lifecycle
• Ensure preparedness of staff and site for study implementation.
• Participate in participant review and care, and in all study procedures as guided by study protocols.
• Oversee all clinic and other study personnel performing study specific tasks and procedures.
• Oversee regulatory submissions and approvals to local ethical review committees and liaise with other project managers to ensure timely submissions to international institutional review boards.
• Maintain all study records including but not limited to, regulatory binders, study specific source documentation and other materials as required.
• Monitors adverse events and reports them to the safety monitor as required.
• Coordinates and facilitates monitoring and auditing visits, notifies appropriate institutional officials audits, responses to any findings and implements approved recommendations.
• Act as liaison between investigators, participants and staff.
• May perform other job related duties as requested or required
• Degree in Medicine and Surgery (MBChB)
• Experience in a clinical research setting is preferred
• Demonstrated competence in female reproductive health service delivery, including cervical cancer screening, counselling and provision of various contraception methods
• Knowledge of clinical trial ethics and Good Clinical Trial Practice will be an added advantage
• Must have valid retention certificate from KMPDC
b) Required Experience
• Two years’ experience in a similar field.
• Experience in research setting and having Human Subject protection certificate will be an added advantage
c) Other Required Skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills to deal effectively with clinicians, other study staff, participants, administrators, regulators, monitors and sponsors.
• Familiarity with the Microsoft Office Suite.
• Excellent organizational skills to independently manage work flow.
• Ability to prioritize quickly and appropriately
• Ability to multi-task.
• Meticulous attention to detail
Applicants should attach the following:
• Letter of Application (Indicate Vacancy Number) and date available to start working for the study
• Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae with Telephone number and e-mail address
• Two letters of reference with contact telephone numbers
• Copies of Academic Certificates and Transcripts
• A copy of the latest pay slip (if applicable)
• A copy of National Identity card or passport
• Requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution.
Applications to be done through the email email@example.com no later than 24th June 2021.
(Indicate Position & Vacancy Number as the subject of your Email)
KEMRI or any of its programs, Studies or Projects does not solicit for Money or any form of reward for a Job applicant to be considered for employment. Any such requests should be immediately reported to the HR department. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.