Centre for Microbiology Research
Opening Date: 4th June, 2021 Closing date: 24th June, 2021.
IMPOWER is a Phase 3, Randomized, Active-Controlled, and Double-blind Clinical Study to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of Oral Islatravir Once-Monthly as Preexposure Prophylaxis in Cisgender Women at High Risk for HIV-1 Infection. The study has the following vacancies;
4. Position: Study Nurse (2 Positions) KMR/ 7 Vacancy No. FN-018-05-2021
Reports to: Study Doctor
Duration: 1 Year Renewable Contract as per KEMRI Scheme of Service. The first 3 months is a probation period
Duties and Responsibilities
• Register and consent study participants and assist with eligibility determination, screening and enrolment of study participants.
• Informed Consent administration per study protocol and collection of participant medical, surgical and reproductive history.
• Work in consultation with the study clinicians in all steps above
• Provide contraceptive counselling, HIV/AIDS counselling and testing and STI risk reduction assessment counselling and support.
• Prescreening and screening of participants
• Support in health talks to participants at the clinic and mobilization sources.
• Perform pelvic exams, cervical cancer screening, contraceptive counseling administration and removals
• Respond to questions about the study posed by participants and the community in consultation with the study doctor.
• Ensure participant retention and adhere to site retention strategies.
• Maintain a good relationship with the community, study participants and other clinic staff.
• Maintain up to date participant visit notes
• Administer Case Report Forms (CRFs), accurate recording of data on CRFs and perform self QC
• Perform phlebotomy on all study participants
• Assess adherence to study products and take anthropometric measurements
• Develop and review clinic related SOPs
• Laboratory results interpretation
• Prepare weekly and monthly progress reports of personal study activities
• Closely work with other staff members to ensure the success of the study
• Diploma in Nursing - Registered Community Health Nurse (KRCHN) with extensive and recent hands-on clinical experience
• Must be registered with the Nursing officer’s Council of Kenya.
• More than two (2) years Clinical research experience
• Knowledge of HIV prevention and treatment services
• Good Clinical Practice training/Human Subjects Protection training in mental Health/Psychiatry Nursing, is an added advantage
Other Required Skills
• Commitment to integrity and high quality performance
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team
• Keen and attentive to detail
• Ability to follow instructions and procedures
• Articulate in both verbal and written communication in English and Swahili.
• Counselling skills
• Computer literacy
Applicants should attach the following:
• Letter of Application (Indicate Vacancy Number) and date available to start working for the study
• Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae with Telephone number and e-mail address
• Two letters of reference with contact telephone numbers
• Copies of Academic Certificates and Transcripts
• A copy of the latest pay slip (if applicable)
• A copy of National Identity card or passport
• Requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution.
Applications to be done through the email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 24th June 2021.
(Indicate Position & Vacancy Number as the subject of your Email)
KEMRI or any of its programs, Studies or Projects does not solicit for Money or any form of reward for a Job applicant to be considered for employment. Any such requests should be immediately reported to the HR department. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.