DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORT AND INFRASTRUCTURE
7. Superintendent (Roads), Job Group K (2 Posts)
For appointment to this Grade, a candidate must have:
• Served in the grade of Senior Inspector (Roads)or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public/Private Sector for at least three (3) years;
• Diploma in Civil Engineering or its equivalent and relevant qualification from a recognized institution;
• Graduate Engineering Technician from the Institution of Engineers of Kenya or a relevant professional body/ institution;
• Ability to employ computer knowledge and skills in work assignments; and
• Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supervising and controlling of road works;
• Coordinate selection and location of suitable materials for road works;
• Coordinate the Annual Road Inventory and Condition Survey;
• Oversee preparing and maintaining master rolls, pay sheets, stores ledgers, tools and plant ledgers, log sheets and tickets, daily activity cards and any other records; and
• Preparing work programmes in liaison with the officers in-charge.
All applicants Must fulfill Chapter six of the constitution requirement
Salary Scale: The salary, allowances and other benefits attached to these positions will be as determined by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission and other recognized CBAs as applicable.
Terms of Service: All the above posts shall be on a three (3) year contract term renewable based on satisfactory performance.
“Vihiga County is an Equal opportunity employer”
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application with copies of their National Identity/passport, Academic & Professional certificates to the undersigned.
Key responsibilities and job specifications for the above positions are available on the official County websites www.vihiga.go.ke.
All application from interested and qualified candidates should be submitted on or before 26th day of October 2020
Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SECRETARY/CEO VIHIGA COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O BOX 880-50300