Position: Supermarket Staff Trainer (FOR A FAST GROWING SUPERMARKET TARGETING LOW MARKETING POPULATION)
Employer: A FAST GROWING SUPERMARKET TARGETING LOW MARKETING POPULATION WITH BRANCHES IN THIKA, LIMURU, NAIVASHA, MERU, MAUA, MOMBASA AND AN UPCOMING ONE IN NYERI
Ref No: SGK-SST-010-2020
Industry: RETAIL BUSINESS
Job Category: SUPERVISORY
Town: ALL BRANCHES
• Diploma or degree in education, human resources management or related field. Availability to travel and visit our retail stores, as needed.
• Ability to manage the full training cycle, including conducting in-person activities. Ability to motivate employees to achieve sales targets. Good at power point.
• At least 5 years hands on experience as a staff trainer. Retail industry experience will be an advantage.
Salary: KSHS. 40,000 - 50,000
Reporting to the operations manager, supermarket staff trainer main role is to grow shareholder value by attracting and retaining customers through the day-to-day interaction with customers by well trained, guided and motivated staff by performing the following duties: -
• Design and execute orientation/training programs for different staff categories. Conduct onboarding training/induction sessions for new staff.
• Observe how branch staff interact with customers to identify areas of improvement. Determine training needs both for individuals and teams at the branches and hq.
• Advise line attendants/all branch staff how to upsell products and services.
• Apply various sales training techniques (e.g. case studies and group activities).
• Conduct periodic customer service training across all branches per quarter. Come up with parameters to measure success of the trainee.