- Overseeing salespeople, cashiers, shelf stockers, and other employees.
- Managing finances and preparing an annual budget.
- Keeping records of expenditure, sales figures, and employee performance.
- Evaluating the supply and availability of stocks, and profit-margins.
- Implementing measures to avoid stock damages, theft, and wastage.
- Monitoring shelve stocks and product displays, and the general appearance of the store.
- Investigating market trends and offering products that would appeal to customers.
- Addressing customers' requests, comments, and complaints.
- Motivating employees to achieve targets.
- Training new staff members and scheduling shifts.
Store Supervisor Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Financial Management, or equivalent qualification preferred.
- Demonstrable experience in a supervisory capacity at a retail store, or similar.
- Extensive experience with preparing budgets, and financial and expense reports.
- In-depth knowledge of product and consumer trends, and marketing strategies.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in dealing with employees and customers.
- Competency in retail management software, such as AIM and NetSuite.
- Proficiency with spreadsheet and word processing software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with applicable labor laws, and retail health and safety standards