- The job holder is responsible for effective management of works undertaken on the Authority’s properties.
Key Responsibilities/ Duties / Tasks
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Management of renovation and maintenance work undertaken by maintenance contractor to ensure facilities are maintained to the required standards.
- Supervise other staff in Works.
- General management of utilities
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Development & maintenance of asset register for land and buildings
- Updating of asset register
- Coordination of staff relocation
- Ensure adherence to policies and procedures manuals and set guidelines
- Preparation of reports Property Valuation
- Management of outsourced Services
- Planning the work of subordinates, monitor work performance, appraise/evaluate performance
Responsibility for Physical Assets
- Responsible for physical assets assigned by the Authority.
- Provides oversight over physical asset assigned to the section.
Decision Making / Job Influence
- Makes operational decisions.
- Plan the work of subordinates.
- Assign work to subordinates.
- Monitor subordinates work performance.
- Appraise/evaluate subordinates performance.
- Predominantly works within the office
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- A degree in Business Management or related discipline.
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Relevant professional registration.
Previous relevant work experience required.
- At least three year relevant work experience
Functional Skills, Behavioral Competencies/Attributes:
- Analytical skills
- Resilient and results oriented
- Knowledge of Property Law, Council By-Laws etc.
- Team player
- Leadership skills
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 30th July 2021.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
- Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you experience any delay in receiving an email notification at the end of the e-recruitment registration process, please refresh your email. In case of any challenge, please send your query to email@example.com
Kenya Revenue Authority does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviewing, and/or offer)