REPORTING TO:Manager – Supply Chain
DEPARTMENT: Manager - Manufacturing Operations & Warehouse
COMPANY VISION: To be the LION of the Plastics Industry in Africa
COMPANY MISSION: To achieve our vision we will:
1. Build a Best in Class Company with A-Players who live our Core Values, apply Lean Excellence in all Processes, invest in Market Leading Technology, practice Great Governance
2. Become a Market Profit Share Leader with Focus on Creating More Value for Customers, Fanatical Customer Relationships & Market Leading Product Innovation; and Focus on Market Share of Profit & Cash Flow, not just Sales & Tonnage
3. Reach Customers Across Africa by Building a Strategic Network of Manufacturing Hubs & Partner Spokes to serve customers across Africa; and Becoming an Export Oriented Business with Strong Local Presence in each Country
Overall Objective of the Job
Under the Supervision of the Manager – The role will oversee the logistics operations, ensuring effective and efficient dispatching and delivery of finished goods to customers while maintaining product quality.
● Prepare daily dispatch work plans, schedules and relevant reports.
● Vehicle allocation.
● Ensure that all delivery documentation is correct and acknowledged by receiving parties.
● Review freight rates and other transportation costs to keep operational costs low.
● Ensure that all dispatch records are promptly filed and submitted to Finance.
● Coordinating with Warehouse and Production departments for easy and efficient dispatch of orders
● Ensuring maintenance and filing of GRN’s (Goods Received Note) and Delivery notes.
● Facilitate order processing by ensuring order collection from the Sales & Merchandising team
● Oversee goods loading and dispatch to ensure that goods meet the required standards and verify against purchase order and invoice generated; while ensuring good product handling procedures are adhered to
● Organizing, facilitating and coordinating with approved transporters on timely goods dispatch to ensure DOTIF.
● Verifying and checking on customer returns in liaison with the Quality team
● Facilitating and coordinating timely collections of damages and market returns identified and reported by the Sales team
● Coordinating with marketing department in maintaining minimum and maximum levels of finished goods based on market demand and sales forecasts.
● Ensure adequate logistics preparedness through contingency planning and continuous logistics preparedness reviews.
● Workload assignment and supervision.
● Implementation and maintenance of SHEQ standards.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
● Bachelor's Degree/Diploma in any of the following fields; Procurement and Supplies, Stores and Inventory Management, Logistics, or any other relevant field
● Membership to a relevant professional body
Knowledge and Experience
● At least 5 years minimum experience in Logistics and dispatch department in a busy manufacturing or FMCG environment with 2 years in supervisory roles.
● Proven ability to coordinate with other departments
● Good working knowledge and understanding of GMP and factory processes & technology
● Understand safety/ security processes or procedures.
● Demonstrated working experience with SAP.
● Basic proficiency with computer applications and programs including email and Microsoft Office.
● Ability to be adaptable and flexible
● Excellent planning and organizational skill
● Ability to plan and prioritize workload with a focus on urgent and important.
● Excellent Analytical and record management skills
● Strong client service orientation and displaying a good-natured cooperative attitude with internal and external clients.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Keen attention to detail and result oriented
● Ability to be adaptable and flexible
● Assertive, aggressive, and proactive
● Planning, presentation, interpersonal, coordinating and organizational skills