Reporting to the Head Supervisor
Purpose of role
Planning work and roles in such a way that all production activities are performed safely, efficiently and accurately in order to maintain and improve the performance of the unit in the areas of Safety, Quality and Reliability.
Keeping reports and records of production activities for efficiency monitoring
Key Result Areas (KRAs) (Role and Responsibilities):
1.Ensuring “in process” quality and final assurance of products
2.Follow all Personnel and unity Safety policies/procedures, and rules
3.Ensure that all employees are conforming to the proper PPE and following all established safety policies/procedures
4.Supervise production line operation in accordance with unit policies and procedures
5.On spot training and coaching production line employees.
6. Accountable for shift schedule to include: work station assignments/rotations, employee training, employee breaks, back-up for absent employees, and shift rotations.
7. Responsible for production startups, shutdowns, changeovers, and sanitation.
8. Accountable for shift production goals (EMO) and waste during the shift.
9. Responsible for quality control. Make adjustments as necessary during shift to produce products within specifications. Reject product outside of specifications.
10. Ensure unit operations are within standard operating procedures (SOPs).
11. Strict application of discipline and time keeping
12.Ensure a clean and safe work area.
13. Accurate Record keeping; complete shift paper work and ensure timely reporting of production data.
Key Performance Standards (Key Performance Indicators– KPIs)
Personnel safety and unit safety
1.Ensure zero accidents on the production floor by having continuous employee trainings on the job and machine operations.
2. Ensure that hygiene is strictly followed in the factory, and there is proper segregation of materials in the factory.
1.Ensuring zero reworks by ensuring efficient flow of the production.
2. Ensuring fair assignment of work to all unit employees to achieve 100% cooperation from them.
3. Ensuring that production is organized in such a way that it starts at the right time and ends at the right time.
Training and Team
1.Ensuring that every new employee is trained on the job to do before engaging him/her.
2. Developing and maintaining effective relationships with all unit employees.
1.Ensuring timely reporting of production data to the Head Supervisor for decision making.
2. Ensuring that the production data is accurately captured by the production clerks and there are no mistakes in the reports.
3. Ensure that production data is keyed in timely for analysis
Desired Candidate Profile
1.Preferably worked in a
manufacturing company (but not a must)
2.Candidate must have a minimum of 2 years in a Supervisory role.
3.Diploma/ degree in Production, Supply chain management or Related course
4.Diploma/Degree in Mechanical/Electrical engineering or related field
5.Ability to work under pressure and demonstrate leadership
7.Team player with good interpersonal skills and high integrity.
8. Demonstrated good communication skills
9.Good interpersonal skills
10. Willingness to be
11.Able to work under minimum supervision
12.Basic math and computer skills especially, good understanding of the MS Word and MS Excel