We are a global trading, logistics, and distribution company specializing in the supply of chemicals and fertilizers. We are seeking a Supply Chain Coordinator who shall be responsible for analysing and interpreting data and providing supply chain information to aid cost-effective, efficient, timely and high-quality supply chain solutions. Making recommendations and driving the implementation of solutions. The incumbent shall work closely with all stakeholders and report to top management.
• Undertake detailed and thorough supply chain analysis in line with business goals and targets, and identify opportunities to aid efficiency and cost optimization through evaluation of data.
• Set up and provide regular reports and data relating to specific areas of the supply chain process such as supplier analysis and transportation costs.
• Utilise knowledge and research methods to benchmark supply chain activities and to drive best practice results
2. PROPOSE SOLUTIONS
• Collaborate with managers and stakeholders to determine effective solutions.
• Make recommendations based on findings both from analysis and interactions with market players)
• Produce forecasts and estimates to aid financially sound decisions and cash flow planning.
• Create statistical and financial models and use appropriate tools to review opportunities for cost savings and efficiencies in the supply chain process, such as inventory levels, budget or transportation schedules.
3. IMPLEMENT SOLUTIONS
• Be the drive, project manager and contact person on agreed solutions that need implementation.
• Ensure supply chain costs are monitored, managed and under control.
• Participate in regular planning reviews and change processes and prepare data in line with changes.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
• Excellent analytical, planning and problem-solving skills.
• Negotiation skills.
• Ability to undertake complex analysis to create information and to interpret data and trends.
• Commercial and financial acumen with a full understanding of the impact of failure in terms of business cost, and customer order fulfillment.
• Good communicator with the ability to form and maintain good relationships internally and externally.
• Excellent attention to detail.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
• Project Management experience shall be an added advantage
• Previous experience in supply chain analysis.
• Good knowledge and understanding of supply chain/transportation process and best practices.
• Advanced Excel user with the ability to analyse and manipulate data in Excel and provide meaningful information.