III. Supply Chain Management Officer II, JOB GROUP M/CASB 07 POSITION)
a) Duties and Responsibilities
i. Initiating procurement policies for the County Assembly
ii. Implementing existing supplies regulations, procedures and system
iii. Recommending disposal of unserviceable stores
iv. Implementing procurement manual
v. Preparing procurement plans
vi. Sourcing for suppliers
vii. Conducting stock control, stock taking and stock audit
viii. Implementing of e-procurement strategies.
ix. Such other relevant duty as may be assigned by the Assembly Clerk/HOD.
b) Minimum Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
i. Served in the position of Supply Management Officer III, or a comparable position, for a minimum period of three (3) years;
ii. Bachelors’ degree in any of the following disciplines: - Supply Chain Management, Commerce (Supplies Management option), Procurement or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution; and
iii. Proficiency in computer application skills; and
iv. Demonstrated merit and ability in work performance.
v. Compliance with the provisions of Chapter six of the Constitution
• Term of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
• Remuneration: To be compensated as per the applicable guidelines by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
HOW TO APPLY
• Each application should be accompanied by detailed CV, and copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, Copy of National identification card or passport and other relevant testimonials
• Application should be submitted in a sealed envelope with the position applied for,clearly marked on the left top side. And either hand delivered to the assembly offices or posted to the following addressed:
Machakos County Assembly Service Board
P.O Box 1168-90100
• Online applications may be submitted as PDF attachment via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Important information to all applicants
1. Applications should reach the Secretary, County Assembly Service Board on or before 13th May, 2021
2. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.
3. Shortlisted candidates MUST meet the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity and will be required to produce clearance /compliance certificate from the following agencies
a) Ethics and Anti-corruption commission
b) Higher Education Loans Board
c) Kenya Revenue Authority
d) Credit Reference Bureau
e) Directorate of criminal Investigation
The County Assembly Service Board of Machakos is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge commission for its recruitment services. Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.