Job Description – Supply Chain Manager
• Work with the client to conduct 6-month rolling forecasting for stocks and communicate the forecasts to Head Quarters to support their planning for the printing, coding and delivery of the stocks to the client.
• Conduct 6-month rolling forecasting for consumables based on the forecasts and communicate the forecasts to Head Quarters to support their planning for the production and delivery of consumables to the local entity.
• Forecast needs for equipment, spare parts and consumables.
• Work with the General Manager to prepare semi-annual revenue and conduct monthly tracking and reporting of the variance between actuals and forecasts.
• Define and implement processes, procedures and supporting systems for equipment, spare parts and consumables inventory management.
• Manage local entity and third-party warehouse operations and act as the point of contact for third-party warehouse service providers.
• Coordinate and document monthly inventory counts of equipment, spare parts and consumables at the local entity warehouse(s) and at all Sites. Ensure that any inventory variances are investigated and promptly corrected.
• Ensure that inventory reconciliations are done and signed off by Finance on a weekly basis and any variances investigated and promptly corrected.
• Maintain the accuracy of system (SAP) inventory balances at all times by ensuring that all physical inventory movements are reflected in SAP.
• Manage the secure return, quarantine and destruction of damaged, defective or wasted equipment, spare parts and consumables.
• Oversee issuance of stocks to consumers per approved, paid orders both physically and in the system.
• Ensure all incoming consignments shipments are received in the system before being issued to consumers.
Manage waste quarantine and destruction.
• Oversee monthly inventory counts at the client’s HQ, reconcile results with the system and sign-off with the client on the results. Update system status of any stock items identified as missing during reconciliations.
• Provide reconciliation results to HQ on a quarterly basis to support invoicing for inventory gaps.
Define and implement processes, procedures and supporting systems for logistics management.
• Oversee the handling of incoming domestic and international shipments, including customs clearance (where applicable), verification of contents versus packing lists, goods reception in SAP, and transfer to warehouse or to the relevant site(s).
• Oversee local deliveries of equipment, spare parts and consumables/dangerous goods between different sites within Kenya, including:
• Delivery of equipment and spare parts to each site per installation plans, forecasts, and specific corrective maintenance needs.
• Delivery of consumables/dangerous goods to each site based on forecasts to ensure operational continuity.
• Manage relationships with local logistics partners
• Selection of local logistics partners
• Maintenance of relations and agreements with local logistics partners
• Keep manual and electronic records of movements of equipment, spare parts, consumables/dangerous goods, and other materials, including the issuance of goods receipts for incoming deliveries and delivery notes for outgoing shipments.
• Oversee the execution of reverse logistics in the event of defective, surplus or obsolete equipment from sites to the warehouse and from the warehouse to HQ.
• Maintain up-to-date information on:
• Local import and export requirements
• Local regulations governing the storage & transport of dangerous goods
• Define and implement processes, procedures and supporting systems for procurement, including methods for vendor selection, vendor due diligence, and periodic vendor performance reviews.
• Ensure the timely and complete fulfillment of the company’s needs by sourcing from headquarters and/or local suppliers, including raising Purchase Requisitions and issuing Purchase Orders to the selected vendors once the Purchase Requisitions are approved by management.
• Maintain a database of vendors with ratings and performance indicators
• Supervise, mentor and support team members to ensure their high performance
• Set and review the team’s objectives for performance & development through the annual performance management process
• Identify and manage talent and conduct succession planning
• Ensure positive team spirit and good collaboration with other team members/ teams/ departments worldwide and adhere to the organization’s values and ethics
• Coordinate regular team meetings and feedback sessions with the team Status Reporting
• Provide regular, detailed status reports to the General Manager on all activities in the Supply Chain domain.
• Provide regular technical reports to management on consumption trends, forecasts, results of inventory counts, secure supply chain activities, etc.
General / Other Activities
• Ensure that all policies, including those concerning Health, Safety and Environmental protection, are respected, and implement or propose improvements to such practices.
• Contribute to the development and maintenance of general policies, processes and procedures for the organization.
• Manage special tasks, projects or initiatives to improve quality, efficiency, or cost effectiveness of the solution or the local entity team, as agreed with the General Manager.
• Participate in general management and administrative tasks for the Local Entity, as requested by the General Manager
• University degree or technical training in a relevant field, or equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in supply chain management / logistics management / inventory management.
Specific knowledge linked to the job:
• Strong team leadership and management skills. (previous team management a must)
• Deep knowledge of supply chain management, procurement, inventory management and logistics best practices.
• Successful experience implementing and operating supply chain management, procurement, inventory management and logistics best practices in similar business environments.
• Strong planning and forecasting skills.
• Strong analytical skills to determine trends and patterns in forecasting and consumption / utilization data.
• Experience with inventory management systems and/or ERPs (particularly SAP).
• Experience with Microsoft office tools (Excel / Word / PowerPoint).
• Strong organizational skills.
• Technical background (Electrical Engineering, Microelectronics, Mechanical Engineering, etc.) would be a plus.
• Experience in manufacturing environments with knowledge of LEAN would be a plus.