Reports to (designation): Supply chain manager.
• The Supply Chain Officer is responsible of supporting the supply chain team.
• Ensuring that all issues on inventories are done on a timely basis without compromising standards.
• Effectively and efficiently manage store operations while ensuring that business continuity is not interrupted due to stock outs.
• Oversee day to day running of all store operations and ensure excellent customer service.
• Develop and implement inventory stock levels for spares, standard and non-standard stock items and ensure set lead times are met.
• Assist staff with raising purchase requests (PRs) and provide price estimations of goods requested when possible.
• Update relevant staff about the status of his/her request and delivery and maintain regular contact with supervisor on matters of procurement.
• Continuously review store operations and make recommendations on areas of improvement for management decision making.
• Maintain an accurate and organized filing system for both hard and soft copies.
• Be an integral part of the supply chain team and support all members under the supervision of direct manager.
Key Performance Indicators:
1. Order capture
2. Customer order cycle time
3. Inventory management
4. Purchasing and supplier management
6. Inventory days of supply
• Strong sense of personal integrity.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Highly organized.
• Excellent follow up skills.
• Ability to meet deadlines and accommodate to changing work environment.
• Team spirit and problem solving abilities.
• Good communication and negotiation skills.
• University Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain management, Procurement or any other related field.
Required Experience and competencies
• Be a member a of Kenya Institute of Management or Charted Institute of Purchasing and Supplies
• Minimum of 2-3 years professional experience.
• Knowledge of ERP software and MS office.