Level of Employment:
Position of Employment:
SUPPLY CHAIN / SALES OFFICER – VEG
SERVICE & DELIVERY COMMERCIAL MANAGER
SALES - VEG
Location of employment:
The role of Sales Officer is key in ensuring service delivery and selling of quality products to clients to ensure optimum customer satisfaction.
• Input all order receive into internal sales tracking system (Veg Manager)
• Daily confirmation of orders to all clients by sending pack plans across to different clients
• Data inputting for Farm sites
• Liaise with clients on day to day adjustment on orders
• Prepare/analyse sales reports I trends to assist management in decision making,
• Ensure that all orders are in the system to get an accurate packaging requirements report and ensure any change/promos are clearly communicated to the packaging team in time,
• Ensure all the documents are emailed to the clients the day of the shipment date.
• Send to clients the shipping agent’s flight confirmation and inform them of any delays, cancellation of flights or any other changes verbally and in writing.
• Oversee the follow up on client's portfolio payment
• Ensure all prices are updated as per the season and clients.
• Optimise quality of service, business growth e.g. by anticipating about their orders and suggesting promotions.
• Develop strategies for more effective sales, both individually and as part of a team
• Ensure all client orders are well planned for and executed by the Planning Coordinator
• Consider / prepare possible promotions for key clients and ensure these are updated
• Send weekly availabilities following Sales & Logistics Director’ approval at weekly Sales meeting to all customers (excluding key customers)
• Maintain optimum communication and relation with clients to ensure optimum customer satisfaction
• Initiate and develop a strong relationship with customers e.g. advise on possible promotions or extra volume options
• Determine customers' needs and collect customer feedback in relation to product orders
• Brief the sales team, Service & Delivery Commercial Manager, and Sales & Logistics Director on any important matters arising from daily communication with clients,
• Promote new product, commercial trials and develop sales volume in kilos, prices and turnover.
• Assist Claims Team with any client issues and help in communicating shipment reception by clients.
The following reports fall within the Sales Officer’s remit – to prepare and present at Weekly Sales Meeting;
• Daily Client order confirmation reporting
• Daily Pack plans by 11.00am each day
• Daily Service on Colour report for key clients
• Weekly Order vs Sales reporting to illustrate service levels
• Ad-hoc report – work in progress
Any other duty as assigned from time to time by the Line Manger and Directors
1. Diploma in marketing/sales/Administration
2. Experience in similar post and knowledge of fresh produce would be beneficial.
3. Experience in carrying our market research and developing analysis, papers, surveys and reports.
4. Availability to work Monday-Saturday.
5. Strong communication, presentation and sales skills. Must be an excellent telephone and face-to-face communicator. Confident and enthusiastic communicator essential.
6. Able to demonstrate success and experience of managing accounts, achieving genuine sales development.
7. A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance.
8. Mature, credible, and comfortable in dealing with company executives at all levels.
9. Keen for new experience, responsibility and accountability.
10. Able to get on with others and be a team-player. Motivates self and others to achieve team objectives
11. Must be skilled in using MS office, Outlook, Excel, Word, Internet and email.
12. Due to the nature of the business, must be able to work to tight deadlines and in a fast-paced environment