LOCATION: Nairobi Kenya
CONTRACT DURATION: 6 months with possibility of renewal
START DATE: January 2021
SALARY GRADE: According to SIF’S national staff salary scale
The role of the Support & Programs Intern is to help the Head of Mission & Programs department to dispense their day to day activities smoothly by providing support to do activities requested for.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist in drafting and preparing background documents, reports, issue briefs, talking points, articles, presentations etc.
• Attend and summarize conferences and meetings.
• Support organization of meetings and conferences, side events to strengthen strategic engagement with SIF partners.
• Support research on donor funding.
• Assist in maintaining databases.
• Support the review of key publications.
• Support the work on Global Assessment Report on program.
• Assist in preparing training and learning events and other capacity building initiatives.
• Print, copies and scans documents of the mission.
• Completed or ongoing course on a certificate, diploma or degree in Development Studies/ Economics, Community Development or any other relevant field;
• Ability to work in a team set up
• Commitment to participate and learn the duties in Programs department
• Excellent written and spoken English;
• Basic written and spoken French is highly desirable
• Computer skills (MS Package)
• Excellent communication, writing and interpersonal skills;
• IT skills will be an added advantage
Please submit your application (CV, cover letter, 3 references). (Please use word or PDF format) not later than Friday 30, Oct 2020. The position title (Support & Programs Intern) should be indicated on the subject line.
SIF is an equal opportunity employer; females are encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.